Solstice April 5th Cruise

cruiser53

So - How early do you think we can board?

Scott, if you plan on being on board at 11 - what time are you arriving at the Port? I'm thinking that we'll sleep in until 9 on Sunday, have a late breakfast and then head for the ship!

I packed today and my brand new suitcase is wrapped in a sheet on the floor to protect it from the kitty cats - one of them has decided it her comfy new bed. Whatever!!!

The anticipiation is killing me - KILLING me I tell ya!!!!!

So driving to work this morning I see the Celebrity Mercury in port. I wanted so badly to run to the ship and beg to get onboard.

However, I took comfort in the fact, that, one week from now, we'll be having coffee on our balcony of the Solstice!!!!!

YAYE!!!! Does anyone else care to share about their pre-cruise week of preparation or will I be the only crazy poster here? :)

Hi,

I usually try to get to the port by 11 and I think that is our plan as Dean will be getting there close to that time from the airport from his redeye (yuck!). I have been on the ship as early as 11:30 before. It just depends on how long it takes customs to get the previous group off but as Dean says, the earlier you get on is like having another sea day. I figure too since we are all new to this ship we will want to explore every nook and cranny to get our fix. Can't wait....closing the suitcases tomorrow!

Scott

for those of you who are interested - here is the list of ships with us at each port.....

Fort Lauderdale:

Carnavel Freedom

Crown Princess

HA Westerdam

San Juan:

HA Easterdam

RC Freedom of the Seas

St. Kitts - we are alone!

St. Martin:

Freedom of the Seas

Fort Lauderdale:

Coral Princess

Crown Princess

RC Independence of the Seas

HA Westerdam.

I always like to know what we are getting into - it looks like San Juan will be the busiest. Nice to know about St. Kitts, it is not that big of an island, so it is nice to know we are the only ship! Counting down the days!

Wow - 3 large ships in port in San Juan, I hope the island doesn't sink with all of those passengers! :)

I wonder how long those other ships will be in port -maybe they'll leave earlier than us and we'll have some "quiet time" in the evening.

Is everyone packed and ready to go? I AM I AM.

Now, if only I can get everything done at work I HAVE to get done before we leave - God help me.

I received an email last night from the Segway Tour that we booked initially for 3 p.m. Evidently this company contracts with RCI and has a shore excursion with the Freedom. Our indepedent booking got moved up from 3 to 2 o'clock due to a change in the schedule of the Freedom.

This is actually good because we are doing the two hours Seqway tour from 2 - 4 and then we'll have the rest of the afternoon evening to toodle around Old Town.

Steven and I are planning on having drinks at a bite to eat at the hotel bar/restaurant in El Convento. Don't know if it's still true or not, but I've read that it's very gay on Tuesday nights.

It's coming closer and closer -YAYE!

Ok, so Steven and I decided to really go on the cheap hotelwise.

We wont' arrive until 6 pm anyway so once we get in, have a few cocktails and a bite to eat, it will be time to go to bed.

Once up in the morning, coffee and a little breakfast and then off to the ship.

We're got the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd on Hotwire for pretty darn cheap (all things considered).

We stayed there last time we were leaving out of Port Everglades. Yes the rooms are "old world charm" but I have to say we had a good time having cocktails and appetizers on the front outdoor dining patio facing Las Olas - great people watching.

We figure what we saved on the hotel will pay for our dinner and drinks that evening!

I'm ready to go - oh yes I am!!!

HELLO FELLOW SOON TO BE CRUISERS!!!

Just a friendly reminder that the Bistro On Five is open for lunch on embarkation day.

So, as soon as we get on board, Steven and I will be planning on heading there for our first lunch aboard this heavenly ship.

The more the merrier so would love to see everyone there!!!

CHEERS!

SHIP AHOY!

BON VOYAGE!

WHERE'S MY COCKTAIL!

We're almost there! One more day of work for me and then OFF we fly to Fort Lauderdale!!!!!

This will be my LAST POST (aren't you glad?) :D

However, I will have my cell phone with me so if you arrive at the ship and waiting and are bored you can text me 619-807-7778.

EVERYONE have a SAFE flight and I'll be looking for you at the gangway to...

GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!

Hi Guys,

Looking forward to Sunday, have a safe trip everyone. Just a point of information, don't know if you know this or not but there seems to be a cover charge for the restaurant

"Bistro on 5" I have read it on several web sites, here is one of them below, not that its a problem. Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

"Murano, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest, and Bistro on Five have cover charges ranging from $5 to $30 per person. Blu Restaurant is only available to AquaClass cabin passengers (guaranteed) and suite passengers (based upon availability).

For those on a tighter budget, passengers do not have to necessarily pay extra to have a memorable dining experience on the Celebrity Solstice. The Grand Epernay, which was named for a town in France, is one of the most dramatic and beautiful main dining rooms I've ever seen on a cruise ship, and the Oceanview Cafe, on deck 14, is bright with numerous tempting food stations -- much more than the standard panoramic buffet.

Murano, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest, and Bistro on Five have cover charges ranging from $5 to $30 per person. Blu Restaurant is only available to AquaClass cabin passengers (guaranteed) and suite passengers (based upon availability)."

Tony & Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Hey to all the great guys that were on this cruise!

It was wonderful to meet you and share some fun together.

Steven and I enjoyed being the "table whores" in Blu!

If you'd like to keep in touch or contact me my email is jmhinsd@hotmail.com.

Cheers and Happy Future Cruises!

John

Hi Guys,

It was great to have met all of you also, we had a wonderful time, 7 days is just to short..

We loved BLU and would do it again..... I guess because of the week the ship was extremely crowded, but it was still had a great time.

Hope to catch up with you all soon again. "COTRONEOT@AOL.COM"

Tony & Frank

Archived