Great Massage in PV

mustanglvr

We're heading to the Mexican Riviera on the NCL Star (11/15-11/22) :D and we had a great massage at a hotel in PV on our last visit, but I can't remember the name of the hotel. It was a full hour massage and one of the best we've had. Anyone familiar with the hotel? After the massage, we walked back to the ship, so It's not that far (couple miles) from port.

Thanks, John and Hsiang

I am not sure which hotel it would be. Almost all hotels have some spa which offers massages. On another note, I had a wonder massage. In the Marina, I had a 90 minute hot rock couples massage and it cost me $120.00 us total. This was by far the best massage i've had. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it, but it is tucked away behind the restaraunts part of the marina. When looking at the light house along the water, it is maybe 50 feet on the left.

If the name comes to me, I will get back to you. The walk is rather quick from port. IT is also relatively cheap and incredibly professional there.

Maybe it was the Hotel Krystal? That is the one that has been recommended to us and they say it is within walking distance - has a pretty pool -- can use their facilities there before and after your massage with no additional 'use' fee -- does this ring a bell?

I have an email in to them now hoping to set one up.

I see we will be there before you... I am SO ready! I had a massage set up and our itinerary got reversed this week so I am trying to change it now for the day we WILL be in port! :rolleyes:

Thanks! After further reading, it was the Krystal and they had tents down by the ocean. It was great and there was a nice breeze. I think outside would be preferable to inside. I booked online and it seems like it was $75 for a couples massage, but I can't be sure. I'll go to the website and book again. We have a long day in PV, so maybe a sunset cruise would be different. We've been so many times, I try to vary our excursions, etc.

Later, John:)

Thanks! After further reading, it was the Krystal and they had tents down by the ocean. It was great and there was a nice breeze. I think outside would be preferable to inside. I booked online and it seems like it was $75 for a couples massage, but I can't be sure. I'll go to the website and book again. We have a long day in PV, so maybe a sunset cruise would be different. We've been so many times, I try to vary our excursions, etc.

Later, John:)

Lucky you, trying to vary your excursions! :) This will be our first visit. We are doing a zipline tour 1:00-5:00 so I had hoped to get a massage booked for after that -- I may really NEED one then! :eek:

They have not responded to my email yet to change dates for the massage -- I am not sure they do massages in the evening - do you know? I hate to miss it but now that we are in PV for 12 hrs I really really wanted to try the zipline.

Yes, $75 is the quote we had for a couples massage as well....so you do remember the right info.

By any chance, do you know how close / far the "canopy tour office" is to Krystal? If we do get one booked we'd like to go straight there to freshen up before the massage and not go all the way back to the ship first.......then just go fall into bed after our massage! :p

The Krystal is a short walk from the dock. My friend and I did the four-hands massage (two people working on you at the same time) last year and have again booked it for this Nov.'s cruise. Although I am sure the regular massage is great, I can tell you from experience, the four hands massage is an experience not to be missed. Plus, it's something I probably wouldn't do (or be able to find) at home, and for the price ($75) each, it is a bargain.

Last year, we booked our massage for noon, then spent the rest of the day at the Krystal's pools and beach area. Their food hut is adequate for a snack and a few drinks. All in all, a great day of relaxation.

Crusingici,

We did the zip line tour last April. The office is about a 20 min. cab ride downtown. We took the city bus from the dock so that trip was about 30 min then a five or ten min. walk to their office from the bus stop.

Gary

Thanks, Gary for the info to the office from the dock.

Do you have any idea about how to get to the Hotel Krystal from the office? I need to find a map that has both locations on it so I'd know if I need to allow time to go back to the dock and walk to the hotel or I suppose we can get a taxi to the hotel from the canopy office......but again, I do not know how much time to allow.....

Yep, I need a map.....

Thanks, Gary for the info to the office from the dock.

Do you have any idea about how to get to the Hotel Krystal from the office? I need to find a map that has both locations on it so I'd know if I need to allow time to go back to the dock and walk to the hotel or I suppose we can get a taxi to the hotel from the canopy office......but again, I do not know how much time to allow.....

Yep, I need a map.....

If you take a taxi, ask to be dropped off at the Krystal. If you take a bus, get one with "hoteles zone" or "walmart" on it, or it might even list "Kristal" or "Krystal" on it. Then watch for the large dome with a K on it to get off at the Krystal. It is a regular bus stop, but if no one else is on it to get off there, and no one is waiting to get on, you will have to signal to get off. If you end up at the cruise ship pier, you went too far...get off and walk back (only about a 10 minute walk).

Thank you so very much for that helpful post! I figured I could at least get a taxi from the canopy office but not having been there before -- I just do not know the availability of taxis everywhere.

Do you have any idea of the length of time I am looking at to get from the office to the Hotel Krystal? 10 min or maybe 20 min? Just an idea of the time frame so I will know how to book a massage at the Krystal. Right now I am not sure they even offer massages that late - he is to get back to me. I asked for 6:30 thinking that should be ample time if we are delayed a bit returning from the zipline excursions.

Thank you again so very much!

There's more than one zipline tour, and I don't know where the office is located for any of them. At 5, though, you should definitely take a taxi, not the bus, as the buses are pretty full of locals going home from work. Even if you get on a bus early in its route with empty seats, it will take a while because there will be soooo many stops with many people getting on and off. We stay at the Krystal frequently, and always allow a 1/2 hour to get anywhere. Can't tell you how long it really takes us to get anywhere, as we don't wear watches on vacation! We've never missed a reservation for anything, though.

Archived