If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

I would like to buy more if it goes into the high 20s but I just booked the Carnival Dream for New Years 09. Thats why the stock went up some the other day LOL.

LOL Can you book a couple dozen cruises for next year?? LOL I'd be willing to sell my current shares if the price went up high enough to pay for a couple cruises from the profits lolol

LOL Can you book a couple dozen cruises for next year?? LOL I'd be willing to sell my current shares if the price went up high enough to pay for a couple cruises from the profits lolol

My wife gave me the word. Thats it for booking cruises. for a while. I told my Carnival PVP to just use my Cell phone for the next month or 2

There are a number of brokerages you can use. Try fedility.com... they probably have info on there for newbie investors.

In short, you open an account... put some money in it... and then use their Web site to purchase shares of a company you want to invest in. They will exchange your money in your account for the shares you purchase. They hold onto the shares and keep track of them for you. Pretty simple. The hard part id deciding what will be a good company to own stock in.

Thats who I use. They mail me a statement every month and I use that to fax to carnival for proof for my OBC

If you just want to buy the 100 shares and use it for OBC, you can set up an Etrade account. You pay the trading fee then after 30 days I think you get it refunded back.

Whichever you decide, wire the money into your account so you don't have wait for a check to clear. It had already gained in after market on Friday and as oil drops it should rise (come on, cross your fingers with me!).

i will take the 100 shares of stock, and the $3,274 needed to buy it.

please and thank you.:p

I wish I could help out, but I'm in enough trouble with this cruise stuff. What and expensive addiction to have

If you just want to buy the 100 shares and use it for OBC, you can set up an Etrade account. You pay the trading fee then after 30 days I think you get it refunded back.

Whichever you decide, wire the money into your account so you don't have wait for a check to clear. It had already gained in after market on Friday and as oil drops it should rise (come on, cross your fingers with me!).

You have to remember who asked the question... Ddun. They said they know nothing about stocks or trading.

Throwing out ideas that only a veteran trader would know about just confuses a person new to purchasing their first stock... probably scares them away from even trying.

This is why I suggested Fidelity... as they have offices and live bodies you can actually go in there and talk to. Etrade and Ameritrade are more for veteran traders. And the notion of a newbie wiring money to an account is just way out in space. I've been trading for 25 years... and I have yet to have a need to wire money.

It's important to just keep it simple.

I topped off an account last December (had been purchasing a small amount each month) at about $41 per share, but have cruised twice this year ($100 total credit) and have another comming up soon ($100 more). These "extra dividends" are nice, and the best part is that they are tax free.

To the newbies in the market - do your own research. Realize that stock can go up or down. Don't buy it for the OBC, but remember that if you cruise often, the OBC is nice. If you hold for a long time period, chances are you will do well - but no guarentees. Carnival has a track record of increasing earnings and dividends, both of which are positives for the stock price. Oil has a track record of increasing , which is a negative for Carnival's expenses. You can invest for serious money, or for fun. Either way, it's is your money. Your choice. Your responsibility.

I invest with Sharebuilder, at very low commissions of $4.00 per trade. I am happy with them, but they are not for everyone. I feel that I have done well in the markets over the past few years, but could have done better. I would also be happy to answer questions, but I am not a registered investment advisor. (Insert proper legal disclaimers here) See above - Your responsibility.

I can try to answer any questions you may have.

I do ALOT of investing and trading and would be glad to help you out

if you want to post your email address, I can get in touch with you

DG2004:

I'm not the original poster, but I'd also like information regarding investing and trading. What is the best (and hopefully) cheapest way to do it on my own? My e-mail address is b.t.racing@juno.com.

Thanks, in advance for your help.

Betty

DG2004:

I'm not the original poster, but I'd also like information regarding investing and trading. What is the best (and hopefully) cheapest way to do it on my own? My e-mail address is b.t.racing@juno.com.

Thanks, in advance for your help.

Betty

http://www.scottrade.com

It's the best if you don't want or need a lot of advice from so-called "experts".

That said, I've been considering purchasing CCL stock for a while, but I don't think it's anywhere near the bottom yet. In a down economy, cruising is going to be one of the first things that hard-hit families will cut from their budgets. Take that for what it's worth (IOW zero value :D). I just know that CCL bottomed out at $19.06 after 9/11/01 so it's got some more room to drop.

It's the best if you don't want or need a lot of advice from so-called "experts".

That said, I've been considering purchasing CCL stock for a while, but I don't think it's anywhere near the bottom yet. In a down economy, cruising is going to be one of the first things that hard-hit families will cut from their budgets. Take that for what it's worth (IOW zero value :D). I just know that CCL bottomed out at $19.06 after 9/11/01 so it's got some more room to drop.

I feel its going to go the other way. I can't see carnival ship's sailing 1/2 full. Carnival cruises are such a great deal. When you think about it Carnival is a very cheep vacation for a family. If you can get on a ship for around $100 a day meals, and entertainment included. There is no other vacation value for the $$$. A hotel room alone will cost you $100 a day. I hope cruising is about to take off. Carnival has made it cheep enough for everyone to go.

To all of you considering purchasing the stock for an OBC, RCI just announced that after October 15, it will no longer allow shareholder OBC to be combined with any other OBC. In other words, if you use a past cruiser coupon or the cruiseline is offering a special discount on the fare or if you are using a future booking, you have to choose only one OBC.

We have 100 shares of RCI stock and will use it (probably for the last time) onboard Celebrity Constellation later this month. It'll be nice having a $200 OBC, but while I had planned on doing a couple of future onboard bookings while we're onboard Constellatio, I will no longer have any incentive to do that.

And remember, that shareholder OBC can be pulled at any time. The fact that they (RCI) are making it non-combinable with other credits, leads me to think it's just a matter of time before they all follow suit.

'

if it makes you feel better...I would never call my self an expert but rather a veteran

I have been around the block a few times... which is why I would say buy in stages...if you want a 100 shares...buy 25 or 30 at a time

To all of you considering purchasing the stock for an OBC, RCI just announced that after October 15, it will no longer allow shareholder OBC to be combined with any other OBC. In other words, if you use a past cruiser coupon or the cruiseline is offering a special discount on the fare or if you are using a future booking, you have to choose only one OBC.

We have 100 shares of RCI stock and will use it (probably for the last time) onboard Celebrity Constellation later this month. It'll be nice having a $200 OBC, but while I had planned on doing a couple of future onboard bookings while we're onboard Constellatio, I will no longer have any incentive to do that.

And remember, that shareholder OBC can be pulled at any time. The fact that they (RCI) are making it non-combinable with other credits, leads me to think it's just a matter of time before they all follow suit.

I hope Carnival doesn't follow RCL idea

Given the market conditions today CCL stock went down again making it impossible to resist. DH bought more shares today at $30.69. When it goes up we can sell off some of the shares and still hold on to 100 shares for the OBC. I'm thrilled that Carnival offers it's shareholders the $100 OBC. He also bought some RCI at $16.34 a share. :D

Given the market conditions today CCL stock went down again making it impossible to resist. DH bought more shares today at $30.69. When it goes up we can sell off some of the shares and still hold on to 100 shares for the OBC. I'm thrilled that Carnival offers it's shareholders the $100 OBC. He also bought some RCI at $16.34 a share. :D

You did a lot better than me. I bought RCL at $21.31 a share and carnival last April at $41.00

You did a lot better than me. I bought RCL at $21.31 a share and carnival last April at $41.00

MY dh called me into my office to show me the current stock quotes and asked for my input but didn't want to push if I wasn't interested esp given the shakey market conditions. I told him to pull up CC and went back to this post showing him that it was recently discussed on here. I saw how much you had paid for RCI but I'm sure it will bounce back too esp since you are holding for long term investment. Do you sail on RCI?

MY dh called me into my office to show me the current stock quotes and asked for my input but didn't want to push if I wasn't interested esp given the shakey market conditions. I told him to pull up CC and went back to this post showing him that it was recently discussed on here. I saw how much you had paid for RCI but I'm sure it will bounce back too esp since you are holding for long term investment. Do you sail on RCI?

I hope to book my fist RCL for New Years 2010 Oasis. The price isn't out yet. If I would have bought a few shares of Carnival and RCL at a time, I wouldn't have taken such a big hit. Soon I will be looking for the Muster station to get into the lifeboat if the market hits 6,000. I have lost a lot on Carnival

Archived