If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

Don't expect to get an OBC if you qualify for the Inter-Line discount. My PVP failed to tell me this - even though I specifically asked her the question before I purchased my shares. I'm totally bummed now because I was expecting one for both of my upcoming cruises! :mad:

We also get the interline rate and are not buying stock for this reason, but the interlines rates are getting harder to get so I might buy stock in the future.

Are you talking about CCL? I show the low today as $25.70.

Yes, $23.86- net total $2386.34. It was down to $22 something earlier this morning. But when I bought, it was up to $23++ Great deal, in my opinion. Mt 1st time ever buying stocks...hope it doesn't become another addiction!!

The description says- Carnival PLC for the stock

I found this on the Carnival site.....

Carnival Corporation & plc operates under a dual listed company structure whereby Carnival Corporation and Carnival plc function as a single economic entity through contractual agreements between separate legal entities. Shareholders of both Carnival Corporation and Carnival plc have the same economic and voting interest but their shares are listed on different stock exchanges and not fungible. Carnival Corporation common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol CCL. Carnival plc is traded on the London Stock Exchange under the symbol CCL and as an ADS on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol CUK. Carnival is the only company in the world to be included in both the S& P 500 index in the US and the FTSE 100 index in the UK.

We also get the interline rate and are not buying stock for this reason, but the interlines rates are getting harder to get so I might buy stock in the future.

What is an "interline rate"? I'm considering buying stock but want to make sure I do all my homework first.

Okay- call me STUPID!! I bought the wrong stock. I did a search on Fidelity for Carnival Cruise Stock & CUK came up. At the same time, the trader asked me what was the symbol and then he said- CUK and I said, yes, that's the same I came up with. DUH!! We both were wrong. I just called back and sold and rebought. This trader was not so nice as the other one. I feel stupid, but it is all straightened out now. Cost me some $$- commisions and all, but it is a lesson to me. Figure things out before I proceed.

This time I paid $25.10 per share. If not for people on this board, I would have not figured it out for some time. Thanks to all!

Here is a link to the investors relations benefits.

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/14/140/140690/items/287713/Carn_Benefit.pdf

I believe that the PLC shares would have worked. Glad you got the broker staightened out. I think you bought at a good price, the lowest price this year has been $24.08. The book value (tangables included in this) is $25.72.

do you have to hold the stock any certain time? or can you sell as soon as you see your OBC?

Carnival PLC ADR vs. Carnival Corp.

by Sanjay Ayer | 04-11-05

Carnival PLC CUK is an American depositary share (ADS) representing one share of Carnival PLC CCL.L, which trades on the London Stock Exchange. Carnival PLC and Carnival Corporation CCL are dual-listed companies (DLC) created by the virtual merger of P&O Princess and Carnival in April 2003. The DLC structure means that the two companies are the same in every practical effect--they have the same management teams, identical boards of directors, and proportionate claims on cash flows, dividends, and assets. The benefits of a virtual merger compared with a regular merger were that the virtual merger was more tax-efficient for shareholders and that the former P&O Princess, now Carnival PLC, continues to trade in London, while Carnival Corporation and Carnival PLC's ADSs trade in New York.

There's no economic difference between owning shares in Carnival Corporation and Carnival PLC's ADSs. Some factors can make one or the other trade at a premium, however. The two principal reasons are: 1) Carnival PLC is traded less frequently than Carnival Corporation, which can reduce liquidity and produce higher bid-ask spreads; and 2) exchange-rate fluctuations can cause investors to want to hold either the U.S. or U.K. shares. Because both companies derive earnings and dividends from the same base, however, currency rates do not have as big an impact on a Carnival PLC ADS as they do on a purely foreign ADR. We recommend that U.S. investors stick with Carnival Corporation instead of Carnival PLC.

do you have to hold the stock any certain time? or can you sell as soon as you see your OBC?

I have sold the day after receiving OBC in the past, and never had a problem. They do not check with you again. Having said that - and with what I recently bought in for - I will be holding onto CCL for years!!!

Tom

RCCL reported earnings this morning and made the statement that there has been significant deterioration recently in new bookings due to economic and financial turmoil. Undoubtedly CCL will see similar slowdowns. This may be good news for folks who want to book a cruise next year, but isn't good news for leisure company shareholders.

RCCL reported earnings this morning and made the statement that there has been significant deterioration recently in new bookings due to economic and financial turmoil. Undoubtedly CCL will see similar slowdowns. This may be good news for folks who want to book a cruise next year, but isn't good news for leisure company shareholders.

Thanks!!

yesterday, intra-day, CCL traded at $23.50 - didn't have free funds in the account then but do today and CCL is up over $29 - bummer! - i'm going to wait to see if it comes back down

I was watching it yesterday - some roll over funds did not hit my account until later in the day. I would have grabbed a couple of hundred at that FIRE SALE price. WOW!

Don (DGP1111 on here) told me that he picked some (I assume 100) up yesterday when it was in the $23xx range.... DARN IT!!!! :D

Tom

yesterday, intra-day, CCL traded at $23.50 - didn't have free funds in the account then but do today and CCL is up over $29 - bummer! - i'm going to wait to see if it comes back down

I'm with you. I won't have the funds till late next week so I'm hoping (at least for a day) that it goes way down so I can get my purchase in.

Please someone tell me what's an "intra-day" and the "inter-line" rate????

I submitted an email on my last 2 cruises on Sunday and received the credit on my online docs on Tuesday.

I submitted my next cruise on this past Sunday and have not yet received the credit.

How log should I wait to resubmit or call to make sure received?

Please someone tell me what's an "intra-day" and the "inter-line" rate????

The "intra day" refers to a price that the stock hit sometime during the day, but not at the opening or closing. It may start out at $25, go up to $26.20, and then drop back to $25.75 at close. As I am sure you are aware if you are considering a stock purchase, such fluctuations are normal.

As for interline, this has to do with the pricing of the cruise - I am not sure of the details. Some here say you can not get the Stock OBC if you get this special rate, but I doubt that to be true. Certainly the posted information says nothing about it.

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/14/140/140690/items/287713/Carn_Benefit.pdf

Archived