If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

Look at it from a Return on Investment standpoint.

If you cruise twice a year you get $200 for a $2434.00 investment (100 shares) . . . that's a 8.2% ROI without any increase in equity or a dividend ! ! :)

I personally think the next YEAR or TWO is going to see that any business that relies on DISCRETIONARY SPENDING to survive is going to have difficulty. :(

Sounds good as long as it doesn't go to 20. People were saying what you're saying when it was in 30s. Be careful out there !

Got some at 22.08 today. When I get statement I will fax to CCL for OBC

Fax it into 305-4606477, along with your booking # sail date, I put my cabin # too. A few days later call them at 1800-438-6744 EX70041 to see if it was done.

Thanks for the info - I was trying to listen, but am at work and was very distracted. Anything else significant?

I too am at work and didn't hear it all......but if I heard it correctly they are going to buy back all CUK shares and correspondingly issue shares on the NYSE to finance the purchases. I believe they said 19.2 miilion shares. They said their last two debt financings done in Europe were difficult to close. Suspending the dividend will give them the cash to forego any other debt financing in 2009. When the dividend is eventually reinstituted it will be at whatever rate they deem appropriate.

..........but if I heard it correctly they are going to buy back all CUK shares and correspondingly issue shares on the NYSE to finance the purchases. I believe they said 19.2 miilion shares. ............

Mikel1733,

You heard partially right; They aren't buying all CUK shares. They're just buying whatever amount the 19.2mil shares converts into based on dollar conversion rates at that time.

Perhaps I missed something...

What changes after 1/20 ?

Tom

Yes, do tell!

Not supposed to be political here . . . so will just say, that certain someone who is leading in the polls has publically stated he would raise capital gains taxes. :)

I too am at work and didn't hear it all......but if I heard it correctly they are going to buy back all CUK shares and correspondingly issue shares on the NYSE to finance the purchases. I believe they said 19.2 miilion shares. They said their last two debt financings done in Europe were difficult to close. Suspending the dividend will give them the cash to forego any other debt financing in 2009. When the dividend is eventually reinstituted it will be at whatever rate they deem appropriate.

Stock Repurchase and Issuance

In addition, the company filed a supplemental prospectus today to issue up to 19.2 million Carnival Corporation shares in the U.S. market. The shares will be issued from time to time in "At The Market" (ATM) transactions with the proceeds being used to repurchase shares of Carnival plc in the UK market (Stock Swap). Since Carnival plc shares are currently trading at a discount to Carnival Corporation shares, the company would derive an economic benefit from the stock swap.

The company will only issue Carnival Corporation shares in the U.S. market to the extent it can complete the stock swap with a resulting economic benefit. Arison added that "the dual listed company structure reflects the company's global brand portfolio and it remains committed to the Carnival plc listing on the London Stock Exchange as the company benefits from a more diversified shareholder base and greater access to global capital markets."

In the past I have had the OBC posted to my cruise docs in 2 or 3 days after I emailed the information.

I emailed my information over a week ago and again today and have not seen or heard a thing. Does anyone have any information on this.

• Are they still accepting emailed docs?
  • Has anyone else experienced a delay?

We lose the bush.

Since my CCL stock is held in an IRA we'll see.

WOO HOO .... pop the champagne (for whoever wins) !!!! :D

Tom

P.S.... How many decades (or centuries) until a mainstream candidate runs on a national sales/consumption tax and SCRAPS the IRS and all of the associated crap which comes along with it?????? :mad:

I have a 16 year old daughter. Can I purchase 100 shares in her name? For her? I bought my shares through Fidelity. Do I just transfer register her & then transfer $$ to her account and proceed as I did for mine? Thanks

Being a minor, there would still have to be an adult's name on the account with her - at least that's my understanding.

For purposes of Carnival OBC - only one is allowed per stateroom... in case you were wondering.

Tom

Dropped the papers off to open an investment account at the bank today so I can buy stock. By this time next week, I should be the proud owner of some CCL stock. Not wanting anyone to lose money,but I sure hope it goes down down down next week (for a day) so I can buy it at a good price. :p

Let's hope they don't SUSPEND the Shareholder's Credit also!!! :eek:

If I was a bettin' man . . . and I rarely am. . . . I'd put a wee bit of money on the notion that CCL will definitely make 'adjustments' to the shareholder benefits available through Investor Relations when the current stated arrangements expire (2/28/09).

I certainly hope I'm wrong, but if not, we can expect a few heated threads on the ol' boards in four months or less.

In the past I have had the OBC posted to my cruise docs in 2 or 3 days after I emailed the information.

I emailed my information over a week ago and again today and have not seen or heard a thing. Does anyone have any information on this.

I'm going to take a stab with a totally random guess on this one. Let's assume that CCL only has one single person assigned to this shareholder benefits task, and not multiple people within that particular office. For the sake of the story, we'll call her Kim. Perhaps Kim's office also includes all the re-bookings being made on sailings cancelled/adjusted by CCL (i.e. Freedom, Liberty, Ike's itinerary revisions, and drydock oopses*). Perhaps they share the same fax machine, and are having to take care of details based on the departure date of the sailings rather than the date of a fax actually arriving in their office. I think many of us (self included) who've recently had more work on our plate than we can actually handle can certainly be empathetic with someone like our story character, Kim. I'm thinking they'll get to all these requests in time, just perhaps a bit slower than was normal in the past.

**Yes, of course, 'oopses' is really a word. The legal dictionary people just haven't picked up on that yet.

Thanks, Bill, for the clarification. I've never been within a CCL group cruise booking, so that's a bit foreign to me.

btw. . . will be on Splendor in two weeks, and sailing in the neighboring cabin to the one you had (on your first leg). Really looking forward to it. :)

...The teens don't want to be in the same room as us. Wonder why?

That likely works out better for you two too!! :cool:

If I was a bettin' man . . . and I rarely am. . . . I'd put a wee bit of money on the notion that CCL will definitely make 'adjustments' to the shareholder benefits available through Investor Relations when the current stated arrangements expire (2/28/09).

I certainly hope I'm wrong, but if not, we can expect a few heated threads on the ol' boards in four months or less.

Don - it would not surprise me. At least I should be OK through my Freedom Valentine's Day sailing...

Don - as long as we are talking stocks here... I shifted my 401K into a Rollover IRA, and the funds hit my account on Tuesday... I finally had some control over things. Since I am somewhat of a betting man, I invested in both MGM and ShuffleMaster which have both been WAY down recently. I toyed with picking up some WYNN too, but stuck with what I knew. Both have done very well since Tuesday, though WYNN has basically DOUBLED... Let's see what NEXT week has in store for us. Still counting on SIRIUS to breakout! :rolleyes:

Tom

Thanks, Bill, for the clarification. I've never been within a CCL group cruise booking, so that's a bit foreign to me.

btw. . . will be on Splendor in two weeks, and sailing in the neighboring cabin to the one you had (on your first leg). Really looking forward to it. :)

Enjoy your cruise, but take care of the cabin - that may be the one I have on the middle leg of the Splendor SA cruise!

Archived