If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

NCL is not part of Carnival

Carnival owns Holland America, Cunard, Costa, Princess, Seabourn and Winstar.

Carnival sold off Windstar.

Carnival Corp brands are:

Carnival, Aida, P&O, Seaborn, Holland America, Costa, Cunard, P&O Australia, Princess, Ocean Village, and Iberocruceros

Carnival sold off Windstar.

Carnival Corp brands are:

Carnival, Aida, P&O, Seaborn, Holland America, Costa, Cunard, P&O Australia, Princess, Ocean Village, and Iberocruceros

I bet it cost a lot to run Windstar. Not as many passengers as on the mega ships to buy drink, pictures and gamble.

I bet it cost a lot to run Windstar. Not as many passengers as on the mega ships to buy drink, pictures and gamble.

I really liked Windstar. Not a lot of activities, but great food and nice cabins. Also liked the itineraries.

It probably did cost more to run, but the cabins could be pricey. Glad I was on Interline rates at the time. :)

Probably doomed once one of their ships (Wind Song) had a fire and the ship damaged beyond repair.

I really liked Windstar. Not a lot of activities, but great food and nice cabins. Also liked the itineraries.

It probably did cost more to run, but the cabins could be pricey. Glad I was on Interline rates at the time. :)

Probably doomed once one of their ships (Wind Song) had a fire and the ship damaged beyond repair.

That must have been a fun cruise you took. How did the ship ride? Do you have any pictures?

That must have been a fun cruise you took. How did the ship ride? Do you have any pictures?

It was lots of fun. Small ship, uncrowded ports, real room service. BBQ on deck with unlimited lobster. Sometimes an onshore BBQ at lunch. Seemed like a very high crew to passenger ratio as there were a number of crew standing around with no one to serve. The sailing we were on wasn't full, however.

It wasn't at all like a tiny sailboat and mostly motored around. But occasionally they would let the computers unfurl the sails and cut the engines. There was no need to announce that we were actually sailing at that point, but they did anyway.

I do have some pictures, but not sure where - last cruise with them was pre-digital age for me.

I think today is the day I may pull the trigger and buy more Carnival stock. Where is the low? Nobody knows. However, it looks to me like it is at a great price. Surely it will come back. Keeping my fingers crossed! :D

Several weeks ago I too would have thought that buying at $20.xx something would be a GREAT deal. I sure hope that it is, but I am not confident enough right now to throw any more $ into stocks.

Tom

I think today is the day I may pull the trigger and buy more Carnival stock. Where is the low? Nobody knows. However, it looks to me like it is at a great price. Surely it will come back. Keeping my fingers crossed! :D

That's probably what the OP thought when he started this thread on October 3rd and stated that 100 shares of CCL would only be $3,274!

That's also probably what the people were thinking a couple of weeks ago when it was trading for $2500.

And then again just this past Friday, when people were writing that it must be the right time to buy because CCL was at a 52 week low and 100 shares would only be $22.03.

And then yesterday it dropped another $118 to close at $2085 for a 100 shares.

And as I write this, it has already dropped another $25 in the first 30 minutes of trading.

Yeah, I'm sure this is a great time to buy the stock. After all, people will get an OBC of $50 or $100 on their next cruise. What difference does it make if their investment goes into the toilet with the rest of the retail and consumer stocks. :rolleyes:

Several weeks ago I too would have thought that buying at $20.xx something would be a GREAT deal. I sure hope that it is, but I am not confident enough right now to throw any more $ into stocks.

Tom

I admit my trigger finger is very shaky, and I am holding off. But I am still very tempted. I'll wait and see what happens today.

Tom

None of us can know with any certainty when any stock is at its bottom - that only comes with hindsight. But if you have done your homework, considered income & balance statements, P/E ratios, and all the rest, then it may well be a good time to buy in. Certainly a better time now that when this thread was started!

My opinion though, is that CCL, like most vacation operators, requires the publics discretionary spending to operate. That will make things tight for a while, so the near term growth prospects are weak - I think it will drop to $16-17. However, I would be surprised if the stock does not go to $30 within 2 years.

And any OBC would be a bonus, and never a reason to purchase!

Tom

I feel if you can go long with Carnival 5 years or more its a good buy

I just put in a market order for $19.25. I think it's going to hit that this afternoon or tomorrow. Since we have 2 rooms, I'm liking this, if you're willing to ride out the storm.

Best regards.

FYI, You only get 1 OBC per stock holder, so if you have 2 rooms you would need to have 2 stock holders (1 booked in each room).

Cheers!

I just put in a market order for $19.25.

I hope you didn't actually place a market order. That would mean that you bought the shares at whatever price they were trading at at the time your order was placed. To indicate that you wanted to buy shares at the specific price of $19.25, you would have needed to place a limit order.

Hopefully, you just mischaracterized your order here on CC and you actually placed a limit order for $19.25.

I hope you didn't actually place a market order. That would mean that you bought the shares at whatever price they were trading at at the time your order was placed. To indicate that you wanted to buy shares at the specific price of $19.25, you would have needed to place a limit order.

Hopefully, you just mischaracterized your order here on CC and you actually placed a limit order for $19.25.

MadMan,

Since you seem so knowledgable, can you please tell me where the best and safest site to purchase stocks from. This is all new to me and I think it would be a great Christmas present to myself.

Do you need to purchase 100 all at 1 time or can you buy in increments of 10 or say 50/50?

Thanks so very much!!

PG

Archived