If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

I will say one thing about getting the Shareholder's OBC (RCL vs. CCL):

CCL has always been very quick to process/apply the credit.

RCL --- actually GETTING the credit is like PULLING TEETH... and I mean teeth with long, brittle, and curved roots (I should know - LOL)...

First I was told that the credit would not be applied until during my 10 day sailing (on 11/21/08) because the "guy that handles that" was on the Solstice (their new ship). Then about 6 days into the sailing I received an e-mail that the credit had been applied. Well, it never showed on my onboard account - a couple of trips to the purser (showing them the e-mails), and a couple of their attempts at contacting the person who sent me the e-mail (not "the guy", but a woman) yielded the result: "she is on vacation now"... :rolleyes: "but she will likely just apply the credit to the credit card used to secure the account"....

:confused:

Tom

update... (not that it has anything to do with CCL - but at least Shareholder's credit on SOME line, LOL)

I now have (and can see on my reservation) a total of $250 OBC for my 4 night Celebrity Century sailing. That includes the $50 for that sailing, as well as the $200 which never showed up for our sailing last week.

WHEW (and Cha Ching!!)

Tom

We just booked a cruise for next week however our PVP told us we would not be eligible for shareholder OBC. We did get a good last minute price and we're only talking $50 but where do they draw the line at which cruises are eligible? A certain percentage off or is it time related? We aren't applying for any other discounts -age/residency/etc...

Just wondering...

Follow the advice given in this thread on how to have your shareholder credit applied. PVP's are known to give information that is not correct. They don't handle any of the shareholder credit process so I wouldn't put much faith into what yours has told you. :)

I bought mine 100 shares when it was rock bottom 15$ a share and it has been going up since

Am I happy you bet

Will I cruise more..you bet

I got 250$ on my Princess cruise -2 weeks in Jan

Should get 100$ on Carnival Victory and am still shopping for cruise in Feb

I hear there is a sale this week yet my cruise keeps going up not down so no DISCOUNT

CCL is now at $22 and climbing. Buy yours now or you'll miss out!

"You'd better hurry cause they're going fast." :D

This may just be the beginning folks ! ! If housing doesn't return, and I see no viable activity in that sector, this is just the beginning. As stock traders say, "a dead cat bounce" (even a dead cat bounces when it hits the ground).

I sure hope I'm wrong. :)

Traditional stock market analysis doesn't apply in a recession or other stressful times.

Wasn't there supposed to be a hedge fund sell off at the end of November? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of end of year activity for tax purposes, but in which direction?

This may just be the beginning folks ! ! If housing doesn't return, and I see no viable activity in that sector, this is just the beginning. As stock traders say, "a dead cat bounce" (even a dead cat bounces when it hits the ground).

I like that saying, LOL

Tom

We may have turned a cornor with CCL. Now that Carnival will pay out .40 a share on the dividend will help the stock sell again

That's the dividend they always were going to pay and the ex-dividend date has past.

The dividends for 2009 are still suspended.

Nooooooo.

"Carnival warned on Friday that business slowed further during the financial market turmoil of the past six weeks and said the company will suspend its dividend after its December payout of 40 cents per share. The move is expected to lead to annual savings of about $1.3 billion."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081103/carnival_last_call.html?.v=1

Nothing has changed with the dividend or lack thereof. The December payout is for those who owned the stocked prior to Nov 21.

Nooooooo.

"Carnival warned on Friday that business slowed further during the financial market turmoil of the past six weeks and said the company will suspend its dividend after its December payout of 40 cents per share. The move is expected to lead to annual savings of about $1.3 billion."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081103/carnival_last_call.html?.v=1

Nothing has changed with the dividend or lack thereof. The December payout is for those who owned the stocked prior to Nov 21.

So there only going to pay it 1 more time?

That's correct. It will be paid this Friday (Dec. 12) to people who owned the stock on November 21. The dividend WILL NOT be paid out during any quarter in 2009. No decision has been made about 2010 and beyond.

Thats sad news. I hope with the low price of fuel they change there mind.

Any news on the stock owner OBC for next year. I have a cruise on the Pride booked for next August. I hope to still get that

They told me, for my Sept. cruise, to send a request in April. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

JoAnn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived