We decided on the NCL Pearl--- more kids hours!!!

Lyndasline@aol.com

Hello all, Thanks for all your advice! We ended up booking with NCL because of their expanded kids program (9am-10:30pm sea days) and until 10:30 every night! :) :) We also got a GREAT deal at under $2000 per cabin, with 2 connecting balconies. (2 adults and 4 kids) The ship is brand new and looks really nice.... so maybe next time we will try RC! Anyone joing us? (December 14th, 2008)

We have not been on the Pearl yet, but we love NCL and think you will be very pleased with your choice. We leave this December on the Jewel. The kids programs were great on the Dawn and Spirit. Have a wonderful time. Janice

When the NCL Pearl was docked for its Alaskan itinerary here in Seattle I took at tour of the ship with a travel agency.

The ship is beautiful! I have never sailed NCL and thought it was lovely. I was the only one in the group with a young one at home (3 years-old) so I requested a tour of the kids area.

The kid's area seemed very adequate. Not overly exciting though. I don't know what I expected but it seemed kind of boring....THAT BEING SAID, I am NOT a kid! And, there were no kids in the area at the time. I'm sure my son would have loved it had it been full of other kids and fun activities going on all around him.

Just my first thoughts.

Cheryl

When the NCL Pearl was docked for its Alaskan itinerary here in Seattle I took at tour of the ship with a travel agency.

The ship is beautiful! I have never sailed NCL and thought it was lovely. I was the only one in the group with a young one at home (3 years-old) so I requested a tour of the kids area.

The kid's area seemed very adequate. Not overly exciting though. I don't know what I expected but it seemed kind of boring....THAT BEING SAID, I am NOT a kid! And, there were no kids in the area at the time. I'm sure my son would have loved it had it been full of other kids and fun activities going on all around him.

Just my first thoughts.

Cheryl

Ha ha ha I don't think it was just you... When we embarked on the Star last January, we went to the sign up in the Kid's Crew and it seemed pretty drab, but you have to keep in mind that when it's not in full swing, it's TIDY. Things are put away, everyone is sitting quietly (or not there)... trust me, it looks a lot different when it's full! My daughter can't wait to get into the Kid's Crew on the Pearl. :)

We sailed the Pearl last Dec (8 nt So Carib leaving mid-Dec) and there were tons of kids. DD age 8 at the time had a great time. My only criticisms of the club were that the opening in the evening hours didn't work well if you were trying to have a grown-up dinner and see the show and the check-in procedure was not as efficient as we'd experienced on Carnival. I think the hours were 7-10pm. I believe they may have changed the hours since we sailed.

The ship was beautiful. DD favorite activity was rock climbing. You'll have a great time.

We are also sailing on the Pearl in January, this will be our sons 1st cruise he will be 7 when we sail. I am so hoping he likes the kids club, because I am looking forward to a little break during sea days. Only problem is going to be late nites for our cocktails, but thats when grandma and grandpa can take over.

What is the latest the kids club closes?

I was told when they went to Freestyle 2- they added hours to the kids club. It should be open all sea days from 9am to 10:30pm(yes...all day long--- now we can get in dinner and a show with no kids!) At port days it will open later, but still close at 10:30. Remember, we can also pay 5 or so dollars for late night "kids club".

I checked NCL's website, you can do a late night kids club (10-1:30am)for $5 per hour. Pretty reasonible considering I pay my babysitter here at home $10 per hour. I wont use it every night especially on nights before ports since we will be getting up early for excursions but good to know they have it. Also I do have grandmom and grandpop available.

I'm just praying he likes the kids club, sometimes he gets very nervous in new situations and wont leave me.

We sailed on the Pearl last Thanksgiving. My daughter was 7 years old at the time and she loved it. She had a great time in the kids club. They had several family events including pizza making and a famliy amazing race type game that was really fun.

Archived