Liberty IS CONVERTING Spa cabins!!!

Riley's Mom

I just went on the Carnival site...as I do everyday to check for a price drop for my April 09 cruise and lo and behold the spa cabins are now classified as cat 8f. I looked up the deck plans also and they are showing all the Spa cabins as balconies..

WOOOOO HOOOO>> AM I HAPPY!!!!!

I booked a spa cabin at the OV rate and also got the past gueat rate.. I saved alot of money.. I am one happy camper folks!!!!

Carla

I just went on the Carnival site...as I do everyday to check for a price drop for my April 09 cruise and lo and behold the spa cabins are now classified as cat 8f. I looked up the deck plans also and they are showing all the Spa cabins as balconies..

I booked a spa cabin at the OV rate and also got the past gueat rate.. I saved alot of money.. I am one happy camper folks!!!!

Carla

I had the same thing happen to me with my upcoming cruise on the Triumph

I am so happy

Happy Happy Happy !!!

dancing right along with you ;)

Carla

Congrats on the upgrade Carla:D ....see wishes do come true...LOL

Donna:D

The current Carnival Liberty deck plans also show the new penthouse suites on Lido deck as well. Cool!!

Those suites sound nice, but when we were on Liberty a couple of weeks ago I checked out the "secret doors" at the front of the ship. It was sooo windy out there. I don't know how anyone could enjoy the balcony while sailing.

We have a Spa Stateroom for the 2/21 cruise. Does anyone know when the upgrade to balconies is going to happen? Also, when I go to the carnival website and look at the deck plan of the Liberty it still shows the Spa staterooms as a 6E? What am I missing?

We have a Spa Stateroom for the 2/21 cruise. Does anyone know when the upgrade to balconies is going to happen? Also, when I go to the carnival website and look at the deck plan of the Liberty it still shows the Spa staterooms as a 6E? What am I missing?

They just havent changed the cat from to reflect 8F

This is from Freedom..notice no balcony and the color code is 6E

FDSPA2.GIF

Notice the color and the actual balcony for the same cabins on Liberty.

LISPA2.GIF

Hope that clears it up. If you were booked in a 6E you now have a 8F cabin

Ok, here's my dilema...I am super pumped that it is now a balcony room. However, my husband was really excited about the floor to ceiling windows. He's deathly afraid of heights and I don't think he is going to even step foot out of our room. He can't even get close to the edge of the upper deck of a ferry boat. That's why we booked the Spa stateroom, to get the view without the balcony. Do you think if we complained to Carnival they might be willing to do something for us - like onboard credit??? I realize most people would be thrilled to have the upgrade but for him...it's not. Any thoughts?

Ok, here's my dilema...I am super pumped that it is now a balcony room. However, my husband was really excited about the floor to ceiling windows. He's deathly afraid of heights and I don't think he is going to even step foot out of our room. He can't even get close to the edge of the upper deck of a ferry boat. That's why we booked the Spa stateroom, to get the view without the balcony. Do you think if we complained to Carnival they might be willing to do something for us - like onboard credit??? I realize most people would be thrilled to have the upgrade but for him...it's not. Any thoughts?

You can downgrade to a regular oceanview. Or you can just keep the cabin and never open the door to the balcony.

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful. I will definitely enjoy the balcony - we got a great deal to begin with on the room so this is just gravy. However, I just feel bad for him. :(

I've never had a balcony so I'm wondering if your view is blocked by the balcony or is it "see through" so to speak?

Thanks...

Does anyone know when the upgrade to balconies is going to happen?
Now, tomorrow actually....whenever the 9/27 cruise comes back.

We are booked in a spa cabin at the end of this month. This is great news! Does anyone have pictures of how this change looks on any other ship that they have done this to.

I have pictures....as soon as I can figure out how to post them. I'm booked in one the 1st sailing after drydock.

MuskyMom,

I was in the same boat as you(...or should I say ship :D ) I booked the 6E since I have small children, I wasn't really thrilled about the balcony at first. In fact, I paid MORE for the 6E than I would've for a balcony. My PVP informed me of this change several months ago, I decided just to keep it....now I can't wait!

Edited to add:

Here's a link to pictures after they converted the valor. (Sorry, I don't know how to post the actual pictures here)

http://community.webshots.com/album/562750447qfoXRZ?vhost=community

I have been in 6E and Balcony cabins and honestly i think that if fear of height is an issue that the balcony offers a better option!

With the floor-to-ceiling windows the view and the fact that you are up high is pretty much always in your face and sightline....unless of course you close the drapes which cancels out the whole effect of the window!

With a Balcony you have the glass door and window and then there is the actual balcony so your view from the cabin is more "afar".

Thanks for the pictures CarnivalCruzer! Look forward to seeing the ones from your upcoming cruise..

I'm sure DH will enjoy it once he gets on board. He may be enjoying from the doorway but that's ok! :rolleyes:

I have also posted this to let everyone who said they talked to Carnival reps and travel agents and that the Spa cabins weren't being renovated to add the balconies... That obvoiusly the TA's and Carnival reps didn't receive very good info .

It is nice to know that there are still good surprises in the world...i.e. the Spa balconies....

Carla

Archived