Low fat diet

vboxer

Hi everybody,

first of all I'm sorry for my English and possible mistakes, because I'm Italian....

Does anybody chose the "low fat" diet at the restaurant for dinner, on RCCL ships ?

In what is different from the "standard" one ? I mean: is it very different or just a little ? Can you please make some examples ?

Besides I would like to know if the choice between the two diet types can be made every evening or just at the beginnig for the whole cruise.

Thank you ! :)

Your english is fine! I don't know if I am correct, but I don't remember there being a choice between a "low fat" menu, or selections. I remember some items on the menu that were "no sugar". It's been a year since I sailed and hopefully someone will be here shortly to help you better.

I haven't seen a low fat menu but most ships I have been on offer an alternative suggestion right in the menu for what a "lite meal" would be. For instance grilled chicken with a vegetable as opposed to chicken with gravy and potatos.

Most people I know that need low fat meals just adapt the regular menu selections to fit their needs. For example, asking for sauces to be on the side, asking for steamed vegetables instead of sauteed vegetables, etc. They usually have some low fat selections on the regular menu anyways (I believe they are called Royal selections). If you communicate your needs to your waiter or waitress, they should be able to take care of them.

Oh and welcome to the boards!

Hi,

Just back off Independence.

There was a 'Vitality' menu every night in the 'Main Dining Room' which featured the healthy options from the many choices off the main menu. There were also no sugar desserts, no flour desserts, low fat desserts. There were also seminars in the spa to do with healthy eating.

You can adapt any dish. You can have more or less of anything.

Happy eating!

Archived