Just booked! Transportation/Hotel Questions

Hey again!

I just booked my cruise for January on the Majesty from Miami! :D We are from NY so we are thinking about flying down the night before to make sure we get there in time (in case of snow, etc).

1. Any recommendations for hotels near the Port of Miami?

2. Probably flying into Fort Laud. as it is cheaper, any recommendations for transportation to hotel/port?

Also, transportation after the cruise.

3. What time flights do you think? After the cruise I figured afternoon probably, to make sure we got there in time. And if we did leave the day of the cruise, fly in around noon?

Thanks so much!

We are flying in the day before our cruise, from NY to Miami, and our flight will have us there at about 10am...we figure it will give us some time to wander and get into vacation mode...

Our hotel is the Holiday Inn Bayside, directly across from the Bayside Mall...

we figure we'll just find out if the hotel will hold our stuff til our check in while we wander

Now just trying to figure out the easiest way to do our wandering, since we're not thinking of renting a car for the "less than" 1 day we'd need it...

We'd like to get out to the beach, and maybe down to South Beach for supper Friday night...

Holiday Inn my favorite. Stayed there for the last two cruises. Walk across the street to bayside for lots of food and entertainment or in the early am walk over have coffee and sit and look at the ships. Great location.

Hey again!

I just booked my cruise for January on the Majesty from Miami! :D We are from NY so we are thinking about flying down the night before to make sure we get there in time (in case of snow, etc).

1. Any recommendations for hotels near the Port of Miami?

2. Probably flying into Fort Laud. as it is cheaper, any recommendations for transportation to hotel/port?

Also, transportation after the cruise.

3. What time flights do you think? After the cruise I figured afternoon probably, to make sure we got there in time. And if we did leave the day of the cruise, fly in around noon?

Thanks so much!

1. Try bidding for a downtown Miami 3 or 4 star hotel on Priceline. In the past we have gotten the Hilton Miami, Marriott Biscayne Bay, and Hyatt Regency for between $40 and $115 a night (Hilton was $65 a night and provided a room with great views of the cruise ships in the harbor).

2. There is a limousine service located just outside the baggage area which will transport you to your Miami hotel or the Port of Miami at a reasonable price (it was $18 a person plus tip about a year ago). Check out the Fort Lauderdale Airport website for up to date information.

3. If you fly in on the day of the cruise (something I don't recommend unless it is absolutely necessary), I would look for a flight that will get you in as early in the morning as possible. If your arrival time is noon, it won't take much in the way of flight delays to cause you to miss your cruise.

Departing from the cruise, an early afternoon flight should reduce any stress that you might experience if you are trying to make an earlier flight. However, we have usually been able to get to the Miami airport before 10 am, so you might take a chance on an earlier flight as long as you have backup flights available if you miss it.

I read last year on these boards to get a hotel room

thru easy click travel dot com

The names of the hotels are not listed, but you can

easily figure them out by their star rating.

We bid on the 5 star and got the Intercontinental

for $157 a night. On the hotel web site it was $350

a night. The hotel is within walking distance to Bayside

and even has a paved path to get there.

I also figured out the Marriott and Holiday Inn

were also available thru easy click.

There are also many buses that go to South Beach

for $1.50 pp each way. Take the duck tour of Miami!

It was informative and fun. The hotel even made

the reservations for us for the next day. Enjoy!

We are sailing on Majesty of the Seas in November. We are flying in to MIA the day before. We are staying at Best Western on the Bay Inn & Marina - they have a cruise package that includes transfers from MIA to hotel and hotel to POM(Port of Miami).

We are sailing in January from Port of Miami - but flying into Fort Lauderdale.

We have arranged transportation from SAS Transportation - email http://www.ridesas.com for a quote. We decided to stay precruise in Fort Lauderdale - Best Western Oceanside Inn.

Good luck!!

Archived