Grand Cayman...Captain Bryan or Captain Marvin?

hi c

I was on Captain Bryan's Stingray City excursion last year. I thought it was great, but I've read on the boards that Captain Marvin's has an extra stop(2 reefs & stingrays). Is there really a difference? How about the boat? Thanks for the info.

Hi-C

Captian Marvin is Great! Only about 15 on the ship- he knows the great spots- is very kind- the cost is low and includes transfers and a free rum cake as a gift. His boat had a bath room. They have a proffessional with a underwater video camera who records the experience for you. Really neat. You stop at a live coral reef and then off to the rays. His helpers are great, they know alot of the rays by name... and they teach you how to hold, pet, and feed them (and provide the squid to feed them with)! It was the best day of a already wonderful cruise!!!

Majesty of the Seas~ 6/96

Ecstasy~ 11/99

Galaxy~ 12/99

Voyager of the Seas~ 5/18/03

Explorer of the Seas~ 5/16/04

We did Captain Marvins last year and it was a blast. It was a 3 stop trip - 2 snorkle places and a stingray swim. It was nice to be on a boat that was not crowded! We even had Captain Marvin himself as our captain!

JB

UPCOMING CRUISES:

Splendour of the Seas 4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;4;22;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Enchantment of the Seas 9/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2004;9;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Radiance of the Seas 5/04 - Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

We used Nativeway and had planned to use them again next trip. The extra stop and free rum cake sounds enticing though.

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

We used Captain Marvin the last time and it was great and yes, there was a toilet on the boat.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

we did capt marvins and it was ok not too crowded, we did not get free rum cake. They were good about showing how to hold the rays and feed them but we had another of their boats go out when we did and it took them a while to get everyone settled and with gear before we left. I wouldn't not recommend them but I wouldn't say they were the greatest either since I haven't used the other boats like capt bryans.

Mariner of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;06;06;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Booked Nativeway today.icon_wink.gif

Sent an e-mail and had an answer less than an hour later. Very nice e-mail and all arrangements have been made. I can do without the rum cake as long as we are with Nativeway.

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Does Nativeway have a website? This is the first I've heard of it--what does their tour include, and how much $$ per adult?

I have not yet given thought to our excursions for our quickly-approaching July cruise!

Thanks,

Tammy

Costa Atlantica 3-01

Explorer of the Seas 6-02

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Mariner of the Seas 7-18-04 ! countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;01;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I vote for Capt. Bryan. The Buccaneer is very clean and has a bathroom.The three stops are in very deep ocean water so if anyone is a novice or has health problems, you may reconsider and do a limited Stingray City tour ONLY.The waters are rough and swells can be 4-6 feet. We swam in 2-3 feet swells and some people never got off the boat. Touching the stingrays is awsome.

We did Nativeway in March and it was great. Eldon Ebanks the owner and his wife Sharon. The guide (Sheldon) was great. It cost $30 per person and no up front money, pay when you get there. E-mail how many people are going and they will send back confirmation. Best excursion of eleven cruises. An extra thrill if you ride the bus with Thomas.

"Baby lets cruise away from here"

Adults are $30 and kids under 12 years old are $20. They pick you up at the pier and take you back. Or they will drop you off at 7 mile beach on the way back and you can take a water taxi back to the pier for $4/pp.

Misty

Grandeur of the Seas / W. Caribbean / 12-18-04

Vision of the Seas / Mexico / 04-04-04

Radiance of the Seas /Alaska /07-05-03

I vote for Capt Bryan!

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=3>

<param name="day" value=21>

<param name="hour" value=12>

</applet>

We used Captain Marvin's week before last and thought they did a great job. We tendered into Georgetown as early as we could and most of the shops were not open yet. When we arrived at Captain Marvin's, they were open and ready for us. Our trip included 2 snorkeling stops and stingray city. We had a great time. And, we did all receive a free rum cake.

I would recommend Captain Marvin's without hesitation.

Archived