champagne in room

kely53

I had the pleasure of taking the Zenith to Bermuda this past summer. When we arrived at our room, there was a bottle of champagne chilling on ice with a note "compliments of your hotel director". A couple of days later, we received an invitation to an "Elegant Tea" hosted by the social hostess. We were traveling with another couple (they had their own room). Our friends did not have champagne in their room and they did not get invited to the tea. Does anyone know what criteria the cruise line uses to distribute these little gifts and invitations? Just curious if this has happened to others..which obviously it has!!! Thanks for any input!!

Actually we were in room 6110 and our friends were next door in 6112.....both are just ocean view rooms. Not suites or concierge class. This was our first cruise so it was a nice surprise....just curious as to why us!!!

Kely53,

Maybe they chose you by lottery? ;)

While Texed was attempting humor, mistakes do happen, but usually only if there's a last-minute cabin change.

For instance on a Canal sailing one time on Royal a cabin change resulted in a huge floral arrangement coming to our stateroom at embarkation. As the leader of a tour group, I didn't think much about it. A couple days later I checked the card tucked into it. I didn't recognize the name, so asked the steward about it. Turned out it was to have gone to someone else in a different category even. In the meantime he'd continued to bring daily fruits and chocolates. When those continued even after the error was confirmed the steward kept on with them for the remainder of the cruise.

Sometimes those little surprise perks are the best.

CM

We too received many surprises on our last cruise on the galaxy. some of them were compliments of our steward. He remembered us from a cruise we took two years ago and said he was pleased to have us back again. First of all it was nice to be remembered but this is just another example of the whole celebrity experience! everyday another surprise!

Actually we were in room 6110 and our friends were next door in 6112.....both are just ocean view rooms. Not suites or concierge class. This was our first cruise so it was a nice surprise....just curious as to why us!!!

It may be as others have suggested. It may have been, this was your first cruise? Nice things can happen of board, just enjoy! :)

Did you handle the booking thru your travel agent for both yourself and your friends? My travel agent sent us a bottle of champagne, because I handled the booking for everyone in my family (we had 6 cabins).

We also received an invite to the formal tea, I just assumed everyone did (since it is open to the public)

Archived