Does Princess have birthday parties in kids' club?

Nicole0992

My daughter will be celebrating her birthday (7) while on board the Sapphire Princess next month. I know that Princess will decorate the door to our cabin. Does anyone knew if they celebrate at the kids' club also? I would like to buy some special things for her to share with the other children. I want the day to be extra special for her.

I have searched and looked but cannot find this information. Any experience or knowledge of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Nicole

I don't know if Princess does parties in Kid's Club. I've never been on them, but if they do may I suggest glow necklaces or bacelets as favors. Glowgranny.com and orientaltrading.com have some great stuff and relatively cheap. My kids love having glow stuff on when we travel, and they are something kids can use right away and don't want to keep forever. (I often color code my kids with glow stuff at night time events and parties so I can tell which kid is where.) Also in the world of food allergies you never know what will or won't be allowed. I hope they do allow parties. My daughter turned 6 two days after our last cruise, and NCL Kid's Crew, and the dinning room crew made a big deal out of it on the last day of our cruise. SHe still talks about her best birthday EVER!:D

My son will be turning 4 years-old the first day of the cruise here on October 21st 2008. This is definitely on the cruise personalizer. Frankly, I don't care if it is the first day or the second day of the cruise but I would like to see something special for the little guy in the kid's room. What have you observed?

Thanks,

Cheryl

My dd celebrated her 9th birthday on the Grand Princess last February. One of the kid's club dinner parties was a "Birthday Party" for any child celebrating their birthday on the cruise. They sung happy birthday and had a birthday cake. Later in the week one of the counselors gave her a present. It was a full size Monopoly game. She was really excited about it but I had a heck of a time trying to fit it in our suitcase for the flight home.

Here is the response I just received via email from her:

I spoke with Princess Cruise Lines and was informed that they will have

a party for your daughter. They have it on record that her birthday is

during the cruise, but I would recommend reminding the Kids Club once

you're onboard. If you wanted to bring party favors it is allowed as

long as it's not food of any kind.

I will be bringing things to decorate the inside of our cabin and will also make up some party favor bags and bring some different trinket things. Thanks for the idea of the glow things for the kids too. Anything to acknowledge her birthday will go a long way with a 7 year old. This will all be a surprise for her so she will be so excited.

Thanks for all your help and I will report back and let you know how it went!

Nicole

It was my GS's 3rd birthday on our last cruise. It seemed like every other day he came home with a present. Like CeeCee70 said, he came back with presents ... yes with an "s" and we had to figure out how to get them home as some were quite big. We put balloons and crepe paper in the cabin and a balloon on the mailbox. One night the balloon fell off and their was an emergency procedure necessary as dad ran into the cabin, got scotchtape and reattached it. My GS had firmly explained to them it was NOT his room as there was no balloon.

I had asked the kids' club counselors about bringing the cake (the one Princess gives for birthdays) to the fun zone, and they said food wasn't allowed. They also turned me down when I suggested I can bring the cake when the kids have their special dinner in the Horizon Court -- they can't risk a child having an allergic reaction.

So we sacrificed and had the cake ourselves.:D Any that the three of us couldn't eat, we had them packaged it and we kept the leftovers in the cabin fridge for eating during the week.

Here is the response I just received via email from her:

I spoke with Princess Cruise Lines and was informed that they will have

a party for your daughter. They have it on record that her birthday is

during the cruise, but I would recommend reminding the Kids Club once

you're onboard. If you wanted to bring party favors it is allowed as

long as it's not food of any kind.

I will be bringing things to decorate the inside of our cabin and will also make up some party favor bags and bring some different trinket things. Thanks for the idea of the glow things for the kids too. Anything to acknowledge her birthday will go a long way with a 7 year old. This will all be a surprise for her so she will be so excited.

Thanks for all your help and I will report back and let you know how it went!

Nicole

This is a great idea! Dollar Tree has glow sticks 6/$1. They even last until the next morning! Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived