Norwegain Sky HELP?

tokidoki

I was ready to book a 4 day cruise for $119 on deck 9, but I keep reading there is an ac problem and some sewerage as well, is it just on deck 9? Why isn't NCL fixing the problem, tis is a deal breaker!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have also booked a 4 night on the sky on deck 9 too. Only after I booked did I read about all the recent complaints regarding AC and sewage smell on deck 9. I am also amazed why NCL is not doing anything? Even more amazing is that NCL does not move its passengers to another cabin, they are just shrugging their shoulders and saying that they cannot do anything!

I am also booked on the SKY 10/27, and on deck 9. Unfortunately, I also read this information before I booked. I just sent copies of these posts to NCL and asked them to respond. I will not be allieviated if there is a problem in a month when they clearly have been made aware of the situation. I suggest you all do the same and see what type of response we get. I will post any response.

Keeping my fingers crossed,

Bella

I am also booked on the SKY 10/27, and on deck 9. Unfortunately, I also read this information before I booked. I just sent copies of these posts to NCL and asked them to respond. I will not be allieviated if there is a problem in a month when they clearly have been made aware of the situation. I suggest you all do the same and see what type of response we get. I will post any response.

Keeping my fingers crossed,

Bella

Ncl is fully aware of the problems and is basically handling it on a "put each fire as it arises". I know this from my PCC and from the concierge on the SKY which we were on the end of Sept.

These problems were brought to their attn. back at the end of July shortly after the 1st sailing to Bahamas. When I questioned them they offered to cancel but we couldn't because of no cancellation allowed on air tix.

As it turned out I had gone with a pile of printouts from CC and was prepared if we had problems. However didn't need them as our cabin was fine except for minor sewage smell contained to the bathroom and the plumbing problem on the last night for about 4 hours.

I personally don't think these issues will get resolved until it goes into drydock (plumbing issues cannot be fixed with a band aid solution) and only if NCL decides it's necessary. I think the only way they are going to make it a priority is with pressure from it's clients. Keep calling and writing and sooner or later they will see the light.

I also know that they are keeping a certain amt. of cabins vacant (don't know why because the ship isn't selling out) in case they have to move people.

At the end of all this, I believe it's an isolated situation at this point, as I didn't hear any complaints while on board for 7 days and only saw two cabins with hugh fans drying out the floors. So just go prepared, if problems arise handle it with calmness and don't demand because the minute you start demanding they will back off and you get nowhere.

Is the problem only on deck 9 or are other decks experiencing the same? We are on deck 10. Has this deck had problems with air and odor?

I don't know anything about the other decks that have cabins, we were on deck aft. We didn't come across any problems in any of the public area's, all the restaurants were fine as well.

Archived