Catamaran Sail, Snorkel & Beach Break

bump1205

Has anyone tried one of these excursions? Looking for recommendation...

We did this excursion with Fury Catamarans on a past cruise. We had a great time!! We found the crew very friendly and wanting to make sure everyone had a good time.

The ships excursion is provided by the fury, its a little snorkeling and more drinking beach type tour. If you wish to have a real snorkel tour you could find better options.

I went last year for my birthday. The snorkeling is nothing more than driving around the ship you just got off, going about 1-2 minutes to a dive location next to the port and downtown, and it is basically nothing more than a photo op to sell pictures they take of you. When you get back on the catamaran you get all the free margaritas (NOT watered down) or beer you can drink during a 15 minute trip to a beautiful beach that has rafts, hammocks, a bar (watered down margaritas, but was already buzzed) and total relaxation for about an hour or hour and a half. Next time I may take Fury again and just stay on the cat until we get to the island. I loved it! It just wasn't long enough on the beach.:D

• 3 months later...

I also wanted to know specifically about the Catamaran Sail, Snorkel and Beach Break. I am not one who usually likes to go on ship's excursions, but a friend I am going with asked about this one. This is something that Celebrity offers. I know that sometimes I see people book a Catamaran cruise, and it is not the kind of yacht you think of, but an old double-hulled boat. Any feedback?

Not sure what they are charging you on board, http://furycozumel.com/ charges $53 per adult $26.50 for kids 6-12. We enjoyed it tremendously. It's a booze cruise with 2 snorkel stops and lunch on the beach.

www.cozumelsailing.com is another great company that offers more of a relaxed sailing day trip. They leave from the marina on the north end of the Island, not sure if their timeframe works with most cruise stops. One or two snorkel stops, time on Isla De Pasion (Passion Island) lunch on the boat and spinnaker sail rides if the wind conditions cooperate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived