Houston Airport - The CruiseShip Port

cjar855

This will be my 1st Princess Cruise in January. I am Not sure if we should fly in the night before and stay over in Houston ,or fly in and drive to Galveston and stay over night there. And then again would we have enough time if we flew in the same day as the cruise? Just how far is Galveston from the airport in Houston? :confused:

First of all which airport?? I am assuming you would fly into Bush International. That is north of Houston and you are about 1 1/2 hours from Galveston depending on Houston traffic. Houston Hobby airport is on the South side of Houston and you'll be about 45minutes from Galveston...........

Either way, I would go and stay in Galveston..........will be happy to try and answer any specific questions you might have. We have sailed out of Galveston 3 times, each time flying in Houston.

Jim

Wow!! Thanks That is a great sight. I am still not sure if we should fly in the night before ,or take our chances going the same day. I am just afraid of weather in January in CHICAGO. BRRRRRRRRRR .It can be cold and Snowy..

I have stayed all 3 times at the Hotel Galvez.......it is a Wyndam Hotel and very nice but a bit pricey.........there are other options and many places to stay. Yes, it would be "better or easier" if you flew into Hobby......not as congested and you won't be going through downtown Houston.........check with your airline carrier and see where they fly in to.

It is usually recommended to fly a day early. If you do run into problems, you've still got a good chance of making it to the ship on time. I think it's better to go a day early because you get a chance to unwind from the airport scene and get into the vacation mode just a little more quickly.

cjar855,

We are cruising at Christmas this year on the Grand. We are flying in a day early and staying at the Harbor House in Galveston. We are renting a car (one way) from Enterprise the day we fly in. The rates are very good (around $30 for a mid-size). Call them direct at the Houston airport to make reservations if that's the way you want to go.

Have sailed out of Galveston several times. Have stayed at the Harbour House and The Tremont (A Wyndham Hotel, too)....prefer the Harbour House. Also, we live in Texas and fly to Houston often. Best airport choice is Hobby, IMHO. Smaller, less congested, closer to Galveston and the fresh seafood. Coming in a day early is always best, unless you buy really good travel insurance.

Thanks for all the Info. We also are now coming in the day before. We took the Car Rental at Enterprise.we bookded the Commodore on the Beach. It was cheap,:o I hope we are not disapointed. Hope all goes well for all of us .:) Just as long as we don't have a snow:eek: storm in Chicago in january. So far the weather is very Mild..

Now does anyone know how I can change my countdown clock for this cruise?

Archived