mini suite menu

ckr31

My wife and I are going on the Mexican Rivera cruise in December,we booked a mini suite on the Sapphire.I was wondering do the mini suites have a special room service menu.:cool:

Sorry, but the mini suites order from the same exact limited room service menu as an inside, outside and balcony staterooms. The only category staterooms that have a special extended menu/order off the diningroom menu, are full suites on Princess.

There are only a few extra perks for booking a mini suite on Princess. One being a glass of champagne delivered by your room steward upon boarding, the other is the larger stateroom.

My wife and I are going on the Mexican Rivera cruise in December,we booked a mini suite on the Sapphire.I was wondering do the mini suites have a special room service menu.:cool:

Sorry, but only the full suites have full menus. All other cabins get the same, limited room service menus.

Sorry, but the mini suites order from the same exact limited room service menu as an inside, outside and balcony staterooms. The only category staterooms that have a special extended menu/order off the diningroom menu, are full suites on Princess.

There are only a few extra perks for booking a mini suite on Princess. One being a glass of champagne delivered by your room steward upon boarding, the other is the larger stateroom.

Toto, I don't know why I ever think I might beat you to the punch. :p :p

Ok thanks for the info,so are you saying the mini suites are not worth the extra money or is a personal thing.:cool:

We never book anything below a mini suite on Princess. Mainly as any lower category gives you more or less just a bedroom and a tiny bathroom with a small shower, no sitting area whatsoever.

The mini suites have a larger bathroom with tub/shower combination, a nice sized sitting area, a sleeping area, two TV's.

A mini is definitely worth the price IMHO. It gives you a little space to relax.

The only time I suggest anything under a mini to someone is if they never spend any time in their stateroom and only use it for showering and sleeping.

I do wish they would expand the room service menu though so that there is more of a choice for mini suites. But they changed that sometime back and added it to only full suites on Princess ships. It's the only thing about them I would love to see them change.

We booked a minisuite on the CB specifically for the larger cabin. We like the idea of the sitting area. That is worth it for me!

We had a JS on RCI and we also had a larger cabin. We enjoyed it, even if it didn't have full suite perks. On Princess the price is just a bit more, a better upgrade value than on RCI.

That sounds great,are the mattress upgraded in the mini suites?:cool:

As far as I have read and seen with my own eyes, Princess upgraded all of the mattresses in all categories. So that added perk really is cancelled out that is listed for the mini suites. Only thing is, these mattress are extra extra firm. We find them far too hard for our liking. But you can ask your room steward for an egg crate mattress pad if you think they will be too firm for you. This softens them up a bit and helps to rid you of that terrible 'bump' when they put them together to form a queen. Doesn't rid it entirely, but makes it much better.

Ok thanks for that info,we are so excited on going on this cruise, on 12-13-2008 we are counting the days.:cool:

If you enjoyed the Junior suite you have had on previous cruise lines, I am sure you will be very comfortable in a mini suite on Princess.

Have a wonderful cruise!

What are the benefits of booking your next cruise while on a cruise?

On Princess you can book a future cruise onboard and don't even have to know which ship or the date you wish to sail. These are purchased at the future cruise consultants desk or by filling out a form and putting it in the drop box so you don't have to wait in line to actually speak to them. Just make sure your paperwork has been delivered to your stateroom before the end of your sailing.

And BTW-The charges for the FCC go directly on your credit card, not on your shipboard account. It is a totally seperate charge.

The future cruise credit (FCC's as we call them) are $100 per person. If you use only one FCC for a booking for two passengers, then the second passenger must pay another $100 deposit. Or you can purchase two FCC's at $100 each and use both for your booking with no added money up front. This is your total deposit on your next sailing and they are active for four years from the time you purchase them.

Also included with these is shipboard credit. The amount is determined by the length of sailing and the type of stateroom you book.

There is actually no benefit on Princess from booking a certain cruise while onboard a Princess ship. Purchasing the FCC's and choosing your cruise later on is the best way to do it.

Remember, Princess still allows discounting of their prices, unlike some of the other cruise lines, so a good discount TA is your best bet when booking a Princess cruise. These FCC's can be used whether you book direct with the cruise line or through any TA out there, you will get the same benefits.

Now, time for me to turn this discussion over to someone else for this time, it's time for this cruise critic to hit the sack. ;)

Hope I have helped answer some of your questions.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Archived