Luggage Check in Time on Summit?

wildatheart

Does anyone know if we can check our luggage in earlyand then board later? We are on the Nov. 1 sailing from Barcelona to Venice. Our TA said embarkation is 4:00 p.m. when I asked her, but I wanted to check out of my apartment in the morning, go to the port and check our luggage, then wander around until embarkation time. Anyone know if this is possible?

We are also on the same sailing.

We plan on going to the pier as soon as we check out of hotel at 11AM. We will probably check in, go have lunch on the ship and drop off our luggage in our cabin and then get off again for a while. Since we don't depart until 7PM they probably won't have the drill until late but we have been on cruises where they go ahead and hold the muster drill earlier.

Jerry

Just make sure you don't arrive with your luggage too early as you do not want to get your luggage mixed up with those who are disembarking from the previous cruise. I would say not to get there with your bags until around 11am. Any earlier and you could have some problems.

Oppguard, are you with the Davis Med Cruise group booked through Alex? Alex emailed me today and said embarkation has been moved from 4:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., so I think we'll head for the port about 11:00 and see if we can check our bags in, then go have a fresh seafood lunch at Can Majo and wander around until about 5:00 p.m. or so. I did not know you could get on the ship earlier than embarkation time and have lunch, etc. - is that correct? Thanks!

We have booked on this sailing and also plan to return to the city in the afternoon after boarding.

I believe Celebrity normally allows boarding between 11 and 12 i.e. somewhat earlier than notified in the travel documents. Last November we boarded the Century in Barcelona just before 12... it took about 10 minutes to get through the check-in procedure and onto the ship! Once on board I see no reason why it should not be treated as any other port of call and we should be allowed to depart the ship and return up to 40 minutes before departure i.e. latest boarding at 18:20.

We want to go in the Sagrada Familia and this time be able to go inside. Last year the queues were so long that we could only appreciate it from outside. Tickets for entry at 9:00, 14:00 and 16:00 can be ordered at http://www.telentrada.com and then the queues avoided.

clivep,

thanks for the tip on tickets for sagrada familia, I will add it to "our" cruise's website on Barcelona info~ I just saw you have joined the roll call for this sailing, just send me your information and I will add you to the "list" on the website.

wildatheart,

Can Majo? Do tell me more...

Susan~

http://www.freewebs.com/summitnov1/

I am not part of the group by Alex but have my own group. 12 of us will be arriving together a little after 11 and the others plan on going a little later.

We always like going to the buffet and having a nice leisurely lunch after we first get on. Sometime we can take our luggage to the cabin and drop it off and sometimes we can't. Either way we can always get into the cabin after lunch.

Jerry

Does anyone know if we can check our luggage in earlyand then board later? We are on the Nov. 1 sailing from Barcelona to Venice. Our TA said embarkation is 4:00 p.m. when I asked her, but I wanted to check out of my apartment in the morning, go to the port and check our luggage, then wander around until embarkation time. Anyone know if this is possible?

On the two cruises we've had from Barcelona (Constellation and Millennium) we arrived between 11:30 and Noon and they had already started checking people in. Early boarding usually starts by noon, sometimes earlier although you can't usually access your room before 1PM. Our steward did let us leave carry-ons in the room before then - but be sure to check first as you don't want to leave anything before they've officially checked the rooms for being "clear" of anything left behind by the prior cruisers.

Personally, if you're going to the pier to drop your luggage, I'd check in too and drop my carry-on in the room if you could. I wouldn't leave my luggage there before check in started, and once it has you might as well get checked in so you don't need to worry about being back early later on to do it. Just be sure you understand when you need to be back on the ship. There were taxis right there and it cost about 5 or 6 euros for a taxi a place right off the river about 1/4 mile pst Ramblas. There is a bus that went to the foot of Ramplas that is something like 1 1/2 euros, but we figured that for two the taxi wouldn't be too much more and much quicker.

Last time our ship left at 7 and everyone had to be on board by 4:45. After boarding we jumped into a taxi and went back into town for one last Tapas lunch. We had found a great place pre-cruse (there is no shortage of great places in Barcelona) and decided we'd rather lunch there than at the ship's buffet.

Archived