hideaway beach ?'s

candlecamp

Hi everyone! We leave in 4 days on fos. how far of a walk is it to hideaway beach? Can we walk or should we take the trolley? How do we get on the 1st tender? One more ?. if we get to labadee and then decide to go to malfini, is this possible?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone! We leave in 4 days on fos. how far of a walk is it to hideaway beach? Can we walk or should we take the trolley? How do we get on the 1st tender? One more ?. if we get to labadee and then decide to go to malfini, is this possible?

I can't answer the Malfini question, but Hideaway beach is now closed. Apparently for the construction of the pier. I was there last week and it was a big disappointment. The day was great, don't get me wrong, by Barefoot Beach was VERY crowded and the one next to the pier was worse. There were even a lot of people swimming on the Dragon's Breath side. As far as walking, it is very doable unless you have mobility troubles. The entire peninsula is easily walkable all day long IMO.

I can't answer the Malfini question, but Hideaway beach is now closed. Apparently for the construction of the pier. I was there last week and it was a big disappointment. The day was great, don't get me wrong, by Barefoot Beach was VERY crowded and the one next to the pier was worse. There were even a lot of people swimming on the Dragon's Breath side. As far as walking, it is very doable unless you have mobility troubles. The entire peninsula is easily walkable all day long IMO.

I wish I hadn't seen this post. I'll be at Labadee in a few weeks, and Hideaway Beach is where I wanted to spend the day again. It's a real shame they closed Labadee's best beach for the pier construction. :mad:

This is how you get on the first tender...if they will let you. The first tender takes over ship's crew and food for the BBQ. I recall once that they did let a few passengers go on that tender but I wouldn't count on it.

So pay attention to when the first tender leaves and be in position to get on the second one and be ready to move when the annoucement is made. Listen to know what deck the tenders will be loading on and at what door. Have your SeaPass ready to show or you can't get off the ship.

A tender boat holds about 300 people, so if you are alert, you should be able to get on it. In your favor is that the early tenders are so early, a lot of passengers are not up yet or are still eating breakfast, so often the first few tenders leave not completely full. By nine or nine-thrity that is an entirely different matter.

Archived