HMC Cabana question or two

izzypooch

Hi all,

We just booked a cabana for an upcoming Holland cruise. I've seen some of the pictures of them posted here and was wondering if there is an enclosed room in back of the open porch-like area or if that porch-like area is it. The reason I ask is because it says "air conditioned."

Also, I'm curious as to how you prove you are the legal occupants. What if we get to the island at 9 am and find people sitting in "our" cabana???

The cabana is open. The air conditioner is on the back wall of the cabana (maybe the middle, I don't remember exactly). There is a canvas flap that you can drop that will close off the 3-sided cabana area. The porch part is big enough to walk through and it has a lounger on each side. We had a table with four chairs and there wasn't much room to move around.

We had the turquoise cabana and it was a wonderful experience. I'm not sure what you do if when you get there someone is using your cabana. I've not heard of that happening before, so they must have a way of keeping people out until you arrive. We added the butler package, so the butler took us to the cabana.

We did have a couple of people try to use our shower. It's located at the corner of the porch area just next to the steps (you don't use the shower while standing on the porch, but rather you stand right next to the porch to use it).

Enjoy your day in your cabana! :)

Archived