Aft cabin on the Gem

Saveapenny

I have just managed to get an aft cabin 9174 on the Gem or our sailing this Sunday

I changed it from a GTY when I saw it come up on NCL .

Does anyone have any information on these cabins?

I was thinking of upgrading to a mini suite but Best Price want $440 and I am not sure if they are worth it

Do NCL drop the price of the upgrades either at the pier or maybe 24 hours before sailing if they havnt been sold?

I had an Aft mini on my GEM cruise and it was great beacuse we had 4 people in it. The BA is fine for two if you don't want to spend the extra $440 for a little more room. Unless you plan on spending a lot of time in your room (which is crazy since you have a great AFT balacony! ) stick with your BA, You don't get anything else special with a mini so save your $$ for an excursion or some spa treatments.

Thank you for all your replies

I was more or else certain I had made the right choice from switching to the aft instead of switching to a mini but its nice to get it confirmed

I have read that your tend to get better cabin steward in the aft cabins because they are all by suites

Any little tips for the gem?

Is it easy to get into the restraunts or should be book as soon as we get on board?

We only did Teppiyaki and LeBistro ans both are excellent! I think Cagney's is harder to get in to. Somethimes they have first night specials (you may get a coupon book and look it over carefully as some coupons exipre after day 1) The rest of the time we did the buffet and we ate in the main dining twice. Sometimes one is just too busy to have a sit down meal!:rolleyes:

I really loved the GEM. There are some cool places to sit in the front of the ship but kind of windy on sea days. Check out the bowling alley for some fun and do the martini clinic. That was a blast! Play Quest the last night. Visit the mermaind up by the bridge on deck 11. Spinnaker Lounge also has some great seating choices. The ship is very colorful. The fish/dolphins on the carpet a face foreward so if get confused look down to see which way you are heading. Trust me, I had to do it several times!

The grill on the upper deck the pool area makes fresh burgers dog and chicken sandwhiches to order. The chicken sandwhiches were great. At least you don't get something that was sitting under a heat lamp.

That's all I can think of for now. If I have more, I'll come back.

Thank you for all your replies

I was more or else certain I had made the right choice from switching to the aft instead of switching to a mini but its nice to get it confirmed

I have read that your tend to get

better cabin steward in the aft cabins because they are all by suites

Any little tips for the gem?

Is it easy to get into the restraunts or should be book as soon as we get on board?

This isnt really true at all.....On deck 9 and 10 all the way forward are where

most of the suites are.....Aft is just the mini-suites and the Romance Suites.....;) ;)

Saveapenny -

Good move that! Those two BAs tucked in between the suites are our first (actually, only) choice. Standard size cabin with a fantastic view. Short walk to the main restaurant and buffet, not much foot traffic outside your door in the hallway. We have done two T/As on the Jewel and will cruise on the Gem next month Barcelona-New York in 8134, one deck below yours. Feel free to look at our pix. The shot above left (Avatar) is off the Jewel.

Thank you all again for your replies.

Lovely photos ask4jay

We have sailed on the Gem before but only 2 nights when it first come into service last October

With only 2 nights on board not much was going on and with it all being so new we never managed to get into any of the restraunts. We thought it might be the same for all sailings but I'm glad to hear we might stand a chance with 7 nights to choose from. The only night we need to be quick about is the Tuesday as its our 30th anniversary so we want our first choice on that night

Thanks again all for your help

• 1 year later...
Thank you all again for your replies.

Lovely photos ask4jay

We have sailed on the Gem before but only 2 nights when it first come into service last October

With only 2 nights on board not much was going on and with it all being so new we never managed to get into any of the restraunts. We thought it might be the same for all sailings but I'm glad to hear we might stand a chance with 7 nights to choose from. The only night we need to be quick about is the Tuesday as its our 30th anniversary so we want our first choice on that night

Thanks again all for your help

do you have photos of this room I just grabbed it on an upcoming cruise.

also photos from the room, how about the noise. Thanks Alot

Saveapenny -

Good move that! Those two BAs tucked in between the suites are our first (actually, only) choice. Standard size cabin with a fantastic view. Short walk to the main restaurant and buffet, not much foot traffic outside your door in the hallway. We have done two T/As on the Jewel and will cruise on the Gem next month Barcelona-New York in 8134, one deck below yours. Feel free to look at our pix. The shot above left (Avatar) is off the Jewel.

Hi Jay. We are on the transatlantic also. We decided to continue on to the caribbean from NYC for a third week and we will move to your room 8134. We will be up two floors in an aft AD for the TA.

If you haven't done so already, come over and say hello on the rollcall.

Amy the post you are reading are from last year. LOL I think Jay was on Gem last year.

Hi Jay. We are on the transatlantic also. We decided to continue on to the caribbean from NYC for a third week and we will move to your room 8134. We will be up two floors in an aft AD for the TA.

If you haven't done so already, come over and say hello on the rollcall.

Archived