Comments on the Fantasy 10-4 Post Drydock Cruise

Rowan555

Wow~! I love the new Lido deck look. I've never been drawn to an older ship like this but the upgrades are very appealing. I really hope Carnival makes things right for those that had less than expected sailings. Instead of offering a discount on another cruise perhaps they should offer a discount for those to try this same ship again minus the glitches. :)

The upgrades look very nice! However, I think I am going to miss those crazy colors on the lido ship that make it feel"fun", not so subdued.

anyone else feel like that?

Not me! I don't equate "gaudy" with "fun". I will have just as much fun aboard the "subdued" Fantasy when I sail her in three weeks, without the eye strain.

The upgrades look very nice! However, I think I am going to miss those crazy colors on the lido ship that make it feel"fun", not so subdued.

anyone else feel like that?

LOL...not me. I like it a bit more subdued!!! I think CCL over farcus-izes the ships. A little Farcus is fun.Too much Farcus is...well, too much Farcus. :p

Rowan

what category were you in when you went on Fantasy last week that had not been upgraded? Which category did you book for 11-1? Maybe they will have her all completed when we board 11-1...........

Just Curious????

Thanks!!

We were in E223 which was an inside stateroom - from my understanding the suites were all refurbished and some of the staterooms MAY have been. We shall see!

Going on the Nov 6th sailing with my wife, 2 (almost 3) yr old and aunt and uncle. Originally, we weren't expecting much.We chose this sailing because of convenience (we live in NO) and it is a 4 day cruise. The drydock was a pleasant surprise and the pictures show a much nicer version of the Fantasy than I expected - even though it was not 100% completed. The gaudiness was eliminated from the ship.

We WILL make the best of whatever the situation entails and I recommend everyone to do the same. I will get to watch my son play, run, swim and sociallize for 4 days! It does not get better than that. He will be able to play with us and kids his own age!!! Plus, we get a babysitter - a luxury for us - for some adult time (conversation, uninterupted meals, etc.) and the meals - even if mediocre are included! I consider myself a foodie, but at worst-case scenario, no cooking and cleaning for 4 days. Best case scenario, some great food and conversation. I hope to be in the middle somewhere. For all those who did not have a great time, maybe Carnival was not entirely at fault. They should have compensated for the water problems, but it is what it is. Hopefully future cruisers will not be disappointed if they go in with the right mindset. Hope to see some of you on Nov 6th!!!

Happy cruising,

Steve...

I love the new look I have seen in the pictures. The one thing that always bothered me about carnival was the gaudy look on the fun ships. I am so happy that Carnival is bringing their Fantasy class ships into the new Milenium. It will still be fun just not gaudy.

I just hope it is complete by the 23rd. If not oh well I will still have a great time!

Hi Rowan555,

I see E223 is a quad room. I am planning a family cruise for next year, and have booked a quad. Do you have any pics of the inside of your room so that I can get a good idea of what to expect? I posted to your Yahoo IM but wasn't sure you'd get it. Just ignore that post.

Tommy

Wow! not a lot of head room. Thanks

We had them keep the bed over our lower beds folded up, and they brought a trundle in to put on the floor for our daughter. With the bed down, we got NO air on the lower beds, and it was miserable that first night. Keep that in mind if you have the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived