Labadee - beach facilities?

Wotan758

A few years ago we cruised with Mariner OS and called Labadee. I remember that beach facilities such as chairs and sun umbrellas were limited, and we sited in the sand under the shade of a tree. Very bad experience!

We are calling again Labadee with Liberty OS in two weeks.

Does these facilities improved or we should be prepared to find a shade under a tree?

Wotan

A few years ago we cruised with Mariner OS and called Labadee. I remember that beach facilities such as chairs and sun umbrellas were limited, and we sited in the sand under the shade of a tree. Very bad experience!

We are calling again Labadee with Liberty OS in two weeks.

Does these facilities improved or we should be prepared to find a shade under a tree?

Wotan

Was there last Tuesday. As I approached a beach, someone asked me if I wanted a beach chair, and when I said yes, he asked me "sun or shade?" You should have no problem finding someone to help you. They do work for tips though, so take a few dollars with you.

I was there in early October. There were plenty of beach chairs. By eleven o'clock it was more limited where you could sit, but there were always chairs available. The Haitians love to get you a chair, wipe it off, and place it in the sun or shade for you. A tip is appreciated.

Hideaway beach is now closed - constructing the pier for the Oasis.

Thanks Homer. I saw that, but I did not know why. We were there a week ago and there was not much shade near the water. What was there moved with the sun, so you will have to choose close to the water or shade all day. There were PLENTY of chairs, however.

• 2 weeks later...

We are there in Dec. Labadee is one of our favorite ports. I do not know what each beach is called. What is the beach where there is snorkeling? There is also the stairs/path to the message area. Hopefully this is not the one that is closed.

Archived