Escalators to Parc Guell, Barcelona

I've seen them in my rentend guide videos and on Youtub, but they are not in my guide book or on my map.

Can somebody let me know how to find the escalators to Parc Guell in Barcelona?

The most best directions I can find are to take the metro to Vallcarca station. but I won't be takingh the mectro, I'll be walking.

If you can help let me know.

The metro to Vallcarca, then walk down Avinguda de l'Hospital. The escalator will be on your left. There are signs at the metro stop pointing the way. You won't get lost.

Be warned that the escalator frequently is NOT working and that leaves you with a very steep climb. Bus #24 takes you to the car park next to the Parc and would be my suggestion rather than hoping the escalator is working the day you go.

If you get the metro u have to walk at least 20 mnts and at the end the walk is up a steep hill. The best way to get there is by taking a taxi as we did.

I agree with this...take a taxi as they are really cheap in BCN and if you walk form any of the main sights you will spend a LOT of time walking.I have spent a whole day there a few years ago exploring all the nooks and crannies and I do not remember seeing any escaltors,but that is not say they are not there.I just love that place. Enjoy and do take a cab!!

OOOPs...I just Googled escalators in Parc Guell..there are none in the parc,but maybe getting to it at the bottom of the hill(big hill) from the metro maybe??? I do not know,but you can Google it for info..you still have to walk up the big hill(I don't do those anymore:D ),but I will still stick to my agreement with the other poster and say take a cab as they will let you off right at the entrance.If you can't find a cab coming back(it should not be hard tho) then you could walk back...down.

Plan on visiting the Parc the morning of our cruise, 11/25. Are taxi's easy to come by leaving the parc?

We did not have a problem finding a taxi as they are usually dropping someone off,but you may have to find a main cross street if in a hurry.

We tok the escalators from the Vallarca metro stop and as ab0si said they are clearly signposted. There are about 10 escalators and take you up a very steep hillside, and I certainly would not want to walk it if they were not working. However, when you get to the top (several staircases after the escalators) you are not at the area of Parc Guell that has the Gaudi buildings, you have to walk quite a long way to find them. It is a pleasant walk but if we were doing it again we would go by bus as that seemed to drop off not far from the main entrance, or taxi of course. When we left the Parc we took a taxi to Sagrada Familia as there did not seem to be a direct bus, and it was only a few euros.

Archived