Need Opinions RCL or Celebrity?

NicoleAbbate

I have cruised 2 times on Celebrity and loved it, my last time was in 2006 on the Constellation and it was just incredible.

Celebrity is no longer sailing out of Bayonne to the Carribean

So we booked 12 nights on the Explorer out of bayonne

There are 7 stops all at different places.

I was thinking of changing it to the new Solstice ship leaving out of FT. Lauderale, this would only be for 7 nights as we would take the autotrain down, and visit family for a week and then cruise plus travel days.

The Solstice is 7 nights with 3 stops, in san juan, st. martin and st. kitts

with 3 sea days

Price is not a factor but my Happiness is lol:D

Any Input will be really appreciated

TIA!!!!!!

I have sailed on both Celebrity and RCL. We were in the Jewel of the Seas and it was one of our best cruises yet. However IMHO Celebrity does have a better dining experience. The Buffet on the Jewel was better IMHO than any Celbrity ship! I don't think you can go wrong on either ship. We are also booked on the Solstice in Feb. So your choice is "Do you want to be on a longer cruise or do you want to be on a brand new ship"? My favorite Ports are St Thomas, St Maarten Tortola and San Juan. We have never been to St Kitts so this will be new for us. I would think a younger crowd would be on RCCL and an incredable dining experience on the Solstice. We are Diamond/Elite the free Happy hour on RCCL is a nice perk! Best of Luck on your decision!

We too, are thinking about trying another RCL ship. (have cruised 5 X on RCL) but recently on X, for 17 times.

Is there a credit card that we could apply for that gives points like the X AMEX?

We also own stock, and the OBC comes in handy.

Tough decision, personally I wouldn't give up the chance to go on a new boat, especially with all the different dining venues on the solstice and quality of food they are known for. But to each his/her own. as fast freddie said you can't go wrong either way. good luck, and congratulations!

This is a tough choice I have sailed on the explorer out of bayonne( I have been on 11 RCI cruises 2 of them on voyager class ships). I have been on 4 X cruises. I guess the decision should be do I want a brand new ship & 7 days or 12 days out of bayonne. I love both lines they are different & unique in there own way. I do find that we enjoy the dining experience better on X. It depends what you are looking for. If you have anymore questions I will try & help you.

You already know you enjoyed the X cruises. However, Solstice is something new, so there will be differences I'm sure. THere's only 3 stops, so you need to be happy just hanging out on the ship for half the cruise.

I would generally choose X over RCCL....but...to get the extra days, I'd probably go RCCL this time. ;) You aren't going to be that disappointed. And I too would find it difficult disembarking the Solstice knowing I'd still be sunnin' and funnin' if on the Rcl ship.

Yep, a tough choice. You didn't mention all the port for the 12 dayer. And how many sea days.

Enjoy your cruise, no matter which you choose!!!

What a great choice! I'm sailing on Century next month in the Med (many previous Celebrity cruises) and on the Explorer for a 9 day cruise in January with my family. Since eating is one of my primary passions, I generally prefer X, and although I have been on RCL five times, this will be my first RCL cruise in a number of years. For us, the January clincher was the ability to hop on the ship and avoid the flight and hotel in Florida. We have sailed from New York twice before and love driving to the port and stepping on the ship -- you're on vacation immediately. Longer is also definitely better. I look forward to the Solstice and all the new X ships, but will be happy to report back on our Explorer experience.

You are sure to have a good time, either way.

I love the previous poster...a week with family or a week on a ship.....says it all .I´d go with a 12 day cruise over a 7 day cruise in a wink of an eye , especially considering the day of embarkation and debarkation really don´t count.

Have fun!

Kim

I've been on both Celebrity and RCL. I've sailed out of Bayonne and Ft. Lauderdale. On Princess:new ships and old ships. Been on cruises between four and 30 days in length.

I would venture that it is a tossup between a seven day cruise on a new ship,relatives in Florida, and a more conveniently home ported twelve day cruise on an older ship, especially the Explorer of the Seas which I was on out of Bayonne in August and which I enjoyed.

Archived