Holiday Inn Port of Miami

AMaria1288

Hey everyone,

I'm going on the Liberty in March of 2009 and am looking for places to stay the night before the cruise leaves. Has anyone ever stayed here? How are the rooms? All tips and help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :)

The rooms are very basic, but clean. Location is excellent ....

Joanne

Hey everyone,

I'm going on the Liberty in March of 2009 and am looking for places to stay the night before the cruise leaves. Has anyone ever stayed here? How are the rooms? All tips and help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :)

Yes, we were there last October and we are staying again this December. Great Location, Friendly Staff, Rooms were clean, and it's across the street from Bay-Side (a little shopping area with a few restaurants). The taxi ride to the Ship is around $10.

Hi AMaria, We just got back from our Destiny cruise and we stayed at the Holiday Inn. I think you will be well pleased staying there. Nice rooms..make sure you ask for a room on the upper floors facing the bay. It is so cool to see your ship coming in to pick you up. We were doing the happy dance around the room as we watched her sail in. The bayside market right across the street was a big plus, as the earlier post said you feel like your vacation is officially on. The breakfast in the hotel restaurant was enjoyable and fast, then a cab ride to the port ($9.00) and you are on your way. Hope you have a wonderful time...we did.

We stayed here last month before our cruise.

Beware room 511. The toilet wouldn't flush and all that was in there was paper. The shower has one of those removeable shower heads (which I love) but it wouldn't stay put and kept falling off and bonking me on the head, then sprayed water everywhere until I was able to put it back up.

Other than that.....the location is great! The people were nice. The room was clean. The bed was very comfy.

Luckily I know enough Spanish to get by, so I was able to communicate my bathroom issue.

Here's some pictures...

HolidayInn2.jpg

HolidayInn4.jpg

HolidayInnbathroom.jpg

Archived