More info re: Granduer of the Seas - Please?

Love the Grandeur so much booked her again before she scoots out of B'more:p If I remember correctly (and this is from 2006) the average price of B&J was around $3 to $5 (my kids spent most of their money there on that trip:rolleyes:). Didn't seem to be much more than a normal store price - and the pastries are to die for! They make the normal buffet desserts look sad:cool:

I'm very happy though that RCCL and Carnival are both going to be homeporting out of B'more next year - maybe we'll actually get some good deals on cruises close to home now:D

We've cruised on the Grandeur twice now. In 27 days we leave on her again, for a nine night cruise. It's no denying that RCCL's newer ships deliver a even more feature packed cruising experience. However, the GOS is a very nice size, with a great design; for us the GOS delivers a great cruising experience without the need for all the extras.

We are going on our first cruise on the Granduer this May, and I loved the tips on this thread. I am really looking forward to comparing and contrasting a larger ship experience vs. a smaller ship experience. DH and I do not like crowds, so I think we will be pleasantly surprised with how much we will enjoy the Granduer. We requested a table for 2, so I can't wait to be potentially serenaded. :)

We are sailing on the Granduer for the first time in June and can't wait!

Does anyone know if there is a helipad? We always like to go there for sailaway as most people don't know how to get there at first!

Thanks!

No helipad on Grandeur, the area where you normally find a helipad is an equipment area for deck hands (mooring lines, winches and such) and is off limits to passengers. You can see the area, it's on deck 5 and the promenade walk passes right by it.

After the 2009 season, she's being replaced by Enchantment, her stretched sister for the Baltimore cruise scene. Enchantment is supposedly going to be doing year round cruising out of B'more, to the Caribbean, Bermuda, New England/Canada, Bermuda and start over again. The current rumor is Grandeur is going to Fort Lauderdale or Miami to do the 3-4-5 night cruises. If you don't like that rumor, start one of your own that you like better.

We are booked on the Grandeur for a 5 day cruise in Jan. 2010 and it is going out of Tampa. This is not rumor, it is fact and I hope the fact does not change.

sue

We are booked on the Grandeur for a 5 day cruise in Jan. 2010 and it is going out of Tampa. This is not rumor, it is fact and I hope the fact does not change.

sue

I was speaking of Grandeur returning to Baltimore, sorry that I didn't say that outright. Starting with the Summer 2010 season, Enchantment will be moving to Norfolk, then up to Baltimore where she's supposed to stay. I believe that Radiance is calling on Tampa, but don't have any idea whether there is going to be routine calling in Tampa.

Where is she going?

Oh I almost forgot, there's a rumor going around that RCL is going to sell off Grandeur. That rumor has been around for a while, but I personally think it's bunk. I don't believe that they'll get rid of Grandeur until the older Vision class ships are gone, and there are some new Panamax ships to replace them.

Archived