MY FOS Review from 6/08

JBert

I was tempted to go on Flow Rider, but I just didn't get around to doing it. I didn't loose much sleep over that.

As for excursions, we did the following:

- San Juan - We decided to do it on our own, being that we pulled into port mid afternoon and had to be back on the boat later that night. The weather was a little rainy, which made things interesting. We ended up walking up the main hill into the shopping area, where my wife found the Coach outlet store, and spent quite a bit of money (but got some really good deals). From there, we walked all the way out to the fort, which just closed - still a nice area to look at. We walked back to the ship along the path along the bay.

- St. Thomas - We did the Island Girl catamaran & snorkel trip. It was ok. The trip back and forth was beautiful, and we saw some great fish while snorkeling, but the wreck that they advertise was a waste of time. From there, we walked around a did some more shopping.

- St. Martin - Here we did the Jeep island tour, which was great. We went to alot of great spots, including shopping, over a 4-5 hr period. We visited a beach at an abandoned resort/golf course which was beautiful, and later ended up at Boo Boo Jam for lunch, which was nice.

Over all, the excursions were good. To save money next time, we are planning and booking our own ( we're also going with 5 other people ).

Archived