Skipping the muster drill?

Jenal

Ok, before you start attacking, etc, I have never done it and am not considering it, but has anyone ever skipped a muster drill (Hid in your cabin, etc). What would happen? Do they do random checks of the cabins?

Oh boy! There was a recent thread about this. I've never skipped it, never considered it, never will miss it. It's required by law. It is my personal wish that those caught would be made to walk the gangplank right back off the ship. JMHO.

That recent thread, like this one will get heated..then deleted...:)

It's an international law and the cruise line will be fined if they are out of compliance. I would think a passenger not participating has breached their contract and could be put ashore immediately. Kind of like interfering with a flight attendant. Some people did kind of brag about it.

I had a dream once where we were on our cruise and we didn't attend the muster drill. The ship was sinking and we didn't know what to do.......

We would never consider skipping the muster drill especially if our children are with us. It's only 15 minutes out of your trip. To us, it is the start of our great vacation! I think it's fun and you can get some goofy pictures out of it. When it's over, go have a drink of the day.

We were on the Paradise last month and arrived the day before and watched the Pride sail out of Long Beach. We watched all the passengers doing muster drill on the outside deck and also a few folks standing on their balconies waving to us on land, obviously ignorming muster drill! Geez....

Yes, they do check the Cabins...but I can assure you...that skiping the Muster Drill...has been done. NO, I have not done it...we actually ENJOY the Muster Drill...but I do have pictures of others skipping it!

Ok, I agree that its important and should not be skipped. But you enjoy it? Please explain.

Yes they check cabins now. In the old days you could skip them. Way back 20 some odd years ago I did. I read the back of my cabin door and knew what muster station I was assigned to and knew my way around the ship so I felt ok. I haven't skipped one in the last 15 years or so. Just take 20 minutes out of your cruise and do it.

What is with morons who either want to skip or have skipped the Muster drill? It is 15 minutes out of your day, and is required by both the US Coast Guard, and International Maritime law. You know which ones you are, the ones that would push their way ahead of everyone else to get to the life boats and be the first ones off the ship in case of an at sea emergency.

Does anyone know if.. when doing a back to back.. and staying in same room thus would have the same muster stations.. can the drill be skipped?

Yes it is required on both cruises, the person directing the drill at the time may be different (possible crew change out) and may (however doubtful) have small variations. I won't beat the dead horse but it is international law and enforced by USCG, and it is not like your $150 dollar speeding fine, there are a few more zeros!

Please participate, if not for you, then for your loved ones and the other 2000 people on the vessel. When a emergency happens 2000 people need to function as one.

OMG!!! Here we go again. Except last time the lady was like "oops Im a bad girl I skipped the muster drill" UHHHH ok and her point was??...lol Its kind of weird to see the same posts over and over again. Just like the smoking in the Piano bar. Now that was a lengthy post.....by the way just to add fuel to the fire, I still think they should ban smoking in the piano bar. Anyone else ??.....lol Just stirring the pot. :D

Ok, before you start attacking, etc, I have never done it and am not considering it, but has anyone ever skipped a muster drill (Hid in your cabin, etc). What would happen? Do they do random checks of the cabins?

The question that comes to my mind that I haven't seen YOU address, is, if you've never done it and "aren't considering it", why so many questions about skipping it, what would happen if you did, if they do random checks of the rooms, etc. Everything you've questioned makes me think you ARE looking for a way to skip the drill. Can you confirm that is not the case? And if you promise, double dog swear that is not the case, why on earth would you ask what would happen if you skip it? Something is not adding up here :eek: :rolleyes:

The question that comes to my mind that I haven't seen YOU address, is, if you've never done it and "aren't considering it", why so many questions about skipping it, what would happen if you did, if they do random checks of the rooms, etc. Everything you've questioned makes me think you ARE looking for a way to skip the drill. Can you confirm that is not the case? And if you promise, double dog swear that is not the case, why on earth would you ask what would happen if you skip it? Something is not adding up here :eek: :rolleyes:

You've never heard of idle curiosity? Just wanting to know the who/what/when/where/why/how of things?

It sells millions of publications a year.

Not to mention filling megagazillion bytes on the internet every day! *L*

Does anyone know if.. when doing a back to back.. and staying in same room thus would have the same muster stations.. can the drill be skipped?

On the Inspiration, doing a b2b I asked and was told as I was in the same room with the same station I didn't have to do it the second time. I have been told on other b2b's I had to.

What is with morons who either want to skip or have skipped the Muster drill? It is 15 minutes out of your day, and is required by both the US Coast Guard, and International Maritime law. You know which ones you are, the ones that would push their way ahead of everyone else to get to the life boats and be the first ones off the ship in case of an at sea emergency.

You, my sir, have said a mouthful and I whole heartedly agree with you....Bravo!!!!

Thank you !!;)

Do you really want to wake up to something like this snickering you skipped he drill?

Archived