Best Beach for a Day

toriwc

We will be making our 4th stop in Barbados in December. We have done the following:

Jolly Roger - fun to do once

Catamaran and swimming with turtles - DH liked, I was luke warm, neither wants to do again

Accra Beach for the day - not impressed

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

We will be making our 4th stop in Barbados in December. We have done the following:

Jolly Roger - fun to do once

Catamaran and swimming with turtles - DH liked, I was luke warm, neither wants to do again

Accra Beach for the day - not impressed

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Why don't you do an island tour, since you seem to have never done that on your other visits here. Yes we do have the sun and the sea, but there are other things to see other than the beaches..

If you absolutely just want a beach I would have suggested Accra/Rockley Beach.. No I'd never say it's impressive or stunning, but it's a good beach with food vendors, chairs, umbrellas and easy to get to and from.

You could go out to the Crane, if you wanted impressive, but it's not good for swimming. or hang out at paynes bay at the Blue Monkey (not my idea of a good time, but the beach is nice).

Or try the boatyard..

but I'd opt for an island tour. See some of our history and the rest of the island.

I'll second Sunnie's suggestion: An island tour is paramount for Barbados.

There is so much here to see, it is almost a crime to forgo it with just a beach-day or a Jolly Roger bash.

We understand your position, but all the locals cry a tear when we hear that you just want a fun day on the best beach.....We sincerely want to share the most beautiful island in the Caribbean with you.......And there is tons to see. Don't miss any of it!

Please do a full taxi tour and if you still haven't seen it all, please return for a week (or more like we did!).

We would love to have you for our guest! :) :) :)

When we were in Barbados a couple of years ago - we went to beach (right next to Boat House) - don't remember the name but there was no charge - we had actually taken a taxi there but were able to walk back to the ship - would have walked there too but didn't realize how close to ship it was.

Beach was wonderful and not overly busy while Boat House had alot of stuff going on and it was like a zoo - not for us but some like that amount of activity; also there were places where you could get drinks and food if you wanted - can't remember if there were chairs for rent - we just sat on our towels.

orTry Harrisons cave.Went before and going again.Really cool and u see a lot of the island on the way.go underground in a trolly wearing hard hats and see neat rock formations,water.It is lit up .I think it was quite a way underground,but goes by fast.

Archived