Signature Tickers

gman0119

Ok, I've been posting here and reading here enough to where I want to customize some of the things. I have seen some neat tickers on some of the signatures, and want to use one.

I have gone to some of the websites, designed what I wanted, copied and pasted the HTML or other code, and no matter what, I get an invalid file response. How do I do this the correct way???

And yes, I feel like a dummy...:mad:

Yep, and THANK GOD vacation is within reach!!! I was talking about the tickers from other web sites, not CC.

There are a ton of sites that will generate code for count down clocks. The problem with that is that some are not compatible with our boards, the ones that employ MacroVision, in particular.

Adding those to your signature could prevent you from making further edits...

The most common mistake that folks make is not pasting the code into their signature and putting it into the body of the post.

Hmmm, I was putting the code in the box below the preview box, where it said http://www

So should I be putting it up in the box instead, in the correct position???

There are a ton of sites that will generate code for count down clocks. The problem with that is that some are not compatible with our boards, the ones that employ MacroVision, in particular.

Adding those to your signature could prevent you from making further edits...

I am only using sites that I've seen on this board, like Ticker Factory, Ucruise, and others. All of them work for others. I feel so lonely...:D

Ric, I DID IT!!!! Thanks for the tip. That was the problem. I was putting it in the little box below, not the actual box showing the stuff. Hot dog, I'm gonna change every five minutes, now!!! I feel like a kid with a new toy!!!

And Mach, thank you too. (For making me mad...) I read you post on another folder about just getting off a ship, and having to wait almost a month before your next. Boy, people like you... LOL

I've got about 4 years to go before retirement, and I'm gonna be a cruising fool after that!

Archived