Houston Port Questions

simplycruizen

1)Has anyone cruised from the Houston port since hurricane?

2)Is it better than Galvestons? We had a horrible time getting off at Galveston last time.

3)Hotels. Are there any hotels near the terminal that lets you have a free shuttle to and from the ship and store your car?

Any other suggestions or ideas, please let me know. We travel on Carnival Conquest next month.

thanks guys

2)Is it better than Galvestons? We had a horrible time getting off at Galveston last time.

3)Hotels. Are there any hotels near the terminal that lets you have a free shuttle to and from the ship and store your car?

Any other suggestions or ideas, please let me know. We travel on Carnival Conquest next month.

thanks guys

Just returned. I've had only one experience at Galveston so I don't know if I'm much of a judge. We got to the pier around 11:30 and were on board by 12:30. Not too bad. Disembarking went well too. Once we actually left the ship it didn't take long at all to go through customs. That part seemed much shorter than Galveston.

Sorry , don't know about hotels. We had no problems finding a parking spot as people had returned earlier that morning from the Ecstasy. Someone gave a great tip somewhere else regarding driving to the exit past Port Road which is Red Bluff, making a left, then a left again at the T and then a right on Port Road. You miss all the traffic. Excellent suggestion and we did it both coming and going.

Have fun on your cruise!

thanks guys

I sailed from Bayport on Sept 28. returned Oct. 5.

We had a VERY rocky start. The last folks didn't debark the Conquest 'til past 2 PM which meant that we couldn't start boarding 'til past 2:30. Several problems... only eight CBP folks with no computers. The escalator broke along with the only elevator for passenger in wheel chairs.

Carnival dispatched their techs to fix the problem but, of course, it further delayed many boardings.

Debark, although we were prepared for a very long day, was fairly painless as was embark for the next passengers. Bayport pretty much got their act together in that week.

The parking situation still isn't pretty with more cars parked in unpaved areas than on the paved surface.

All in all, I prefer Galveston. The Bayport terminal area offers no hotels, restaurants or any such amenities.

I'll be glad to see Carnival return to Galveston.

If you have any additional questions feel free to drop me an email...

Archived