SKY?/someone help!

tokidoki

We are on the Sky at Christmas and not for a Cheep price. Here is what I figure. It is hard to beat the value of Cruising. By the time you add up all you get it is hard to stay on land for even close to the same price.

Hotel, unlimited Food, entertainment, kids programs, and they transport you to a new place each day. There is no way we could do that at Christmas time for less than $500 a person unless we stay in a dive. Then you have to figure out all the rest. What to eat, what to do and where to go.

If quirks about a cruise ship or service are going to ruin your trip then you are going to have a hard time anywhere. We have had problems in all levels of hotels including Disney and we found the service on NCL to be as good or better than what we received there.

I think you get way more for the price on a cruise than you do in a hotel. And remember the people on the ship live there they don't leave at the end of the day do you thing they want to live in a place that smells and is dirty. I am sure they are doing all they can do short of drydocking the ship to rid it of the smell.

We always try to vacation with a good attitude, life is what you make it. If you are always looking at the negative that is what you will find. We did however fill out comment cards on our last NCL cruise about a problem and it was resolved the next day. They do read and consider them both good and bad.

Read all the CC reviews and pick a room which is not in a problem area. Go on your cruise treat the staff with kindness and respect and enjoy yourself.

it's only cheap if you can deal with some 'issues' and that may include a smell. we were on the carnival triumph which was known to have sewage smell issues and we just dealt with it. i wouldn't avoid carnival or the triumph because of it. any ship can have a sewage back-up, same as a hotel.

we are probably booking the Sky for 11/24 and if there are issues then we'll try to laugh about it and have a good time anyway. it would certainly be an upgrade from working!

I am still trying to figure out if the Sky/4 nites is worth the cheap price for January? Where is this horrible smell, I thought an inside on deck 9 would be ok. Anyone go to the shows???:confused: :confused: :confused:

We saw Soul Rockin' Nights on Sky (production show featuring rock, country, soul and r&b music). It was quite good. The lounge entertainers where great. There was a comedian on board, but I have heard he has left since we sailed on Sky in August.

If airfare wasn't so crazy right now, I would hesitate to grab one of those cheap cruises on Sky. It was a great 4 night cruise.

Mike

My wife and I were on the Sky 10/6-10/10. There were no issues with A/C or hot water and IMHO, the "Smell" issue is becoming overhyped. Yes there was a smell in the aft area around the stairways on decks 5-9, but it was a minor inconvenience. We never avoided going anywhere on the ship based on if a smell was going to pop up.

If you can get a stateroom midships or foreward, you should be fine. I never encountered the smell in any of the hallways, only in the stairway/elevator area. Trust me when I tell you that if you have walked down the downtown streets in cities like Chicago or New York, you have smelled worse. Thats not a knock on either city, just trying to give somekind of comparison.

Archived