Sterling Steakhouse on Star

Mom3Boys

Hi,

Hoping that someone recently off the Star will answer these questions! Is it hard to get reservations for the Sterling Steakhouse? Does anyone know what 2 nights of the cruise is formal? Which night is Italian or French? Is the cost still $15.00 pp and does this include children?

There will be a party of 8 is it harder to get a reservation for a larger party?

Thank you to all that answer,

Linda

Hi,Hoping that someone recently off the Star will answer these questions! Is it hard to get reservations for the Sterling Steakhouse? Does anyone know what 2 nights of the cruise is formal? Which night is Italian or French? Is the cost still $15.00 pp and does this include children?

There will be a party of 8 is it harder to get a reservation for a larger party?

Thank you to all that answer,Linda

Spent 24 days on the Star in Sept. and did go to the steak house. No it was not hard to get reservations and when we would pass it never saw more than 15% of the tables occupied - very low useage on our cruises in the Med. Can't answer about formal nights or Italian French but can tell you what we did. There was someone at the desk for the restaurant on embarkation day so we asked them and they told us the answers. Yes it was $15 pp. There were large tables and there should be no trouble getting a reservation for a table for 8.

Edited to add: Opps, looks like you did get an answer. :::: WINK ::::

Well, it has been just under a year since we sailed on the Star but since nobody seems to be answering you, thought I would give it a try.

The charge is still $15 pp and I understand that also includes children. There is no childrens menu that I have ever seen and I am pretty sure they order off the regular menu. Someone might correct me on that one but that is what I witnessed watching children dine with their parents.

As for the nights that are formal. You will normally get a list in your Princess Patter the first day onboard that shows which nights are which. That will give you time enough to plan for the reservations. Not sure which sailing you are on so trying to alert you to the nights you are asking about is almost impossible. We sailed for 25 days and not sure what sailing the Star is doing now or the amount of days of the sailings. I am sure if you ask the waiter the first night, he will be able to clue you in.

I would make the reservations as soon as you board for such a large party. There is a chance that it may not be necessary, but not worth taking it if you are sure which nights you wish to attend. So call as soon as you see the list and make those reservations. ;)

Archived