Seranade question?

dlaf10

Can someone who has been on the Seranade please answer a few questions? Since there is no promenade, is there a place to hang out and get a snack after hours? I know on the AOS there is that 24 hour place for coffee and pizza and other stuff..not that we need the extra food but just wondering..Also besides the bars (which we are always in) is there a place to sit and people watch? thats where i think we will miss the promenade, just seemed like there was always so much action....Is the pool area alot smaller on this ship then AOS? i know there were 2 pools on AOS but not sure about seranade.

One more question please....i know in the past you couldn't make reservations for CHops or Portifino before hand, is that still the rule?

Thank you in advance

diane

there are plenty of place to get food though not 24 hours on the Serenade. It has a Seaview cafe with yummy food. There are plenty of places to people watch and absolutely love Serenade and her sisters. The Serenade has the regular pool, kids pool area with a slide, and adults only solarium with pool.

Yes you can make reservation ahead of time for Chops and Portofino. Click on the link in my signature for pictures.

You can make Chops and Portofino reservations online, through Royal Caribbean's website. They seem to open up, on average, about 5-6 months before sailing.

Also, I haven't been on the Serenade yet (that's coming up in less than two months!) but on the Jewel we seriously never wanted for food. I think the only time there wasn't something open somewhere was between midnight and 5 a.m., and if you're desperate, there's always room service.

Chocolate crepes in the Solarium at 10:30 p.m. = perfect late-night snack. ;)

Can someone who has been on the Seranade please answer a few questions? Since there is no promenade, is there a place to hang out and get a snack after hours? I know on the AOS there is that 24 hour place for coffee and pizza and other stuff..not that we need the extra food but just wondering..Also besides the bars (which we are always in) is there a place to sit and people watch? thats where i think we will miss the promenade, just seemed like there was always so much action....Is the pool area alot smaller on this ship then AOS? i know there were 2 pools on AOS but not sure about seranade.

One more question please....i know in the past you couldn't make reservations for CHops or Portifino before hand, is that still the rule?

Thank you in advance

diane

Let me add to a couple of earlier posts--- the Solarium cafe is a great place for between-meals snacks. Wraps, nachos, crepes and maybe even salads. Pizza too, I believe. I'm trying to remember back to what our experience was in March. But, we hung out in the Solarium each day to nap and people-watch.

I would echo the Seaview Cafe too.

CLQ

The schooner bar area is a good place to people watch as it is the pathway to other areas of the ship, you also have the centrum. The nice thing about the Serenade as with all Radiance class is all the glass, you can watch the ocean from most all of the public areas, they are a very beautiful class of ship. Most people don't even find the Seaview cafe till the end of the cruise, it's up on deck 12 on the starboard side over the Windjammer, great food and it's free, except the milkshakes

Let me add to a couple of earlier posts--- the Solarium cafe is a great place for between-meals snacks. Wraps, nachos, crepes and maybe even salads. Pizza too, I believe. I'm trying to remember back to what our experience was in March. But, we hung out in the Solarium each day to nap and people-watch.

I would echo the Seaview Cafe too.

CLQ

Yes, the Solarium cafe did have pizza. I also will say the Seaview Cafe is good, much better than Johnny Rockets - IMO

the solarium cafe no longer seems to do crepes, I was very dissappointed. They had pizza and some wraps and things. On the Jewel now the Seaview cafe is all seafood.

Oh, no!!! Say it isn't so?! That's one of my fondest memories from the Jewel and I was really looking forward to it on the Serenade.

the solarium cafe no longer seems to do crepes, I was very dissappointed. They had pizza and some wraps and things. On the Jewel now the Seaview cafe is all seafood.

Oh, no!!! Say it isn't so?! That's one of my fondest memories from the Jewel and I was really looking forward to it on the Serenade.

Unlike Radiance that makes crepes upon request during their hours of operation, someone told me that Serenade only makes crepes around 3 each afternoon. Please don't hold me to this though...........

Just a little warning about booking Chop's before boarding. I booked two nights online and after boarding cancelled one. I was told by Chop's that it would appear on my onboard account as credit. It didn't. I went to CS and they said it would be credited to my credit card. Guess what? I waited a couple of weeks after returning home and then called RCI. They said it should have been on my onboard account. They would have to check it out and call me back. Guess what? I haven't heard from them and it has been a week. :mad:

Thank you in advance

diane

011106-021.jpg

The Seaview Café on deck 12. Here, you will find an utterly delightful seagoing eatery, complete with outdoor terrace seating. Serving up a whole array of popular snack food, soups and salads, plus wonderful shakes, and opens daily until 2:00 am.

sr_91.jpg

Main Pool midship

sr_100.jpg

Covered Solarium adult Pool Deck 11 towards the front. The Solarium Cafe located in this ares serves snacks, wraps, hamburgers, pizza.

sr_47.jpg

The Champagne Bar is the venue for pre or post dinner drinks or people watching.

sr_63.jpg

Safari Club

sr_72.jpg

Congo Bar and Zanzibar Lounge

Mike

011106-021.jpg

Interior of the Seaview Cafe on deck 12. Here, you will find an seagoing eatery, complete with outdoor terrace seating. Serving up a whole array of popular snack food, soups and salads, plus wonderful shakes, and opens daily until 2:00 am.

011117-010.jpg

another view of the solarium Pool with retractable roof

Specialty Restaurants can be reserved online up to 10 days before your sail date. For Example, if you are sailing on August 15, 2009, you can make Specialty Restaurant reservations until August 4, 2009. If you're sailing in less than 10 days, you will need to make your reservations onboard.

act_mystdinner_hdr.gif

Join our cast of characters for a night of mystery, intrigue and lots of laughs. Our professional cast will host an evening of theater where you are the detectives. Solve the crime in Portofino, our gourmet Italian specialty restaurant, over an exquisite multiple course dinner paired with fine wine and fun for all. There are limited spaces available for this exclusive event held once per week, so book early to reserve your night of Royal Caribbean International's, Mystery Dinner Theater.

Dinner will include a full 4-course meal featuring Portofino's most popular items. Portofino proudly features Seattle's Best Coffee Fresh Roasted Blends and Specialty Beverages, served at current bar menu prices.

Where You'll Find It Portofino Mystery Dinner Theater is featured on our Radiance class ships, Voyager class ships, and Freedom class ships. Not available on all sail dates.

Mike

They had them on the September 20 Alaska reposition cruise, although I didn't get a chance to try them.

• 3 weeks later...

As recently as March they sure did---unless I was dreaming up those Crepes while I was napping in the Solarium.:confused: Maybe that's what happened.

No, no. I'm pretty sure those were real crepes I was eating.:cool:

On the Jewel now the Seaview cafe is all seafood.

Apparently the menu of the Seaview varies from ship to ship--I have heard that the Serenade Seaview still does great sandwiches and awesome fries. However, I will have to wait for January to verify that...:D

Apparently the menu of the Seaview varies from ship to ship--I have heard that the Serenade Seaview still does great sandwiches and awesome fries. However, I will have to wait for January to verify that...:D

Actually the Jewel was Seafood, but they changed it back right after our sailing. The Serenade, Radiance and now the Jewel have the original menu. The Brilliance has an Italian menu.

Hi! I'll be on the Nov. 15th sailing of the Serenade (counting down the days now!) and I was wondering how early we could board the ship. Anybody recently returned to San Juan who can let me know? We don't sail until 10pm, but I'm hoping we can board before lunch and explore... :)

Hi! I'll be on the Nov. 15th sailing of the Serenade (counting down the days now!) and I was wondering how early we could board the ship. Anybody recently returned to San Juan who can let me know? We don't sail until 10pm, but I'm hoping we can board before lunch and explore... :)

go to the pier around 11:30 am and you will be on shortly.

Archived