labadee review

buzz2400

Just got back. We walked over the the dragon beach area. One of the guys on the beach got us chairs but wanted a tip. I just walked away. We went over to the dragon rock thing and heard the dragon. We then went into the water there and watched the people on the zip line. The food was ok, hamburgers, hot dogs and the normal food you would expect. We walked over to the area where the shopping thing was however they were so aggressive that we immediately walked out. I think they would actually sell more things if they stopped being so agressive. We started to walk over to the other beach areas but my son copt an attitude so we just got back on the ship. I would say that we stayed on the island about 3 hours.

Just got back. We walked over the the dragon beach area. One of the guys on the beach got us chairs but wanted a tip. I just walked away. We went over to the dragon rock thing and heard the dragon. We then went into the water there and watched the people on the zip line. The food was ok, hamburgers, hot dogs and the normal food you would expect. We walked over to the area where the shopping thing was however they were so aggressive that we immediately walked out. I think they would actually sell more things if they stopped being so agressive. We started to walk over to the other beach areas but my son copt an attitude so we just got back on the ship. I would say that we stayed on the island about 3 hours.

This must of been your first cruise. It doesn't sound like you really enjoyed Labadee very much. Personally I love it. This is my only complaint I have with RCCL. They do not inform the passages to bring cash to the island to tip the locals. The locals do get a bit aggressive, but a simple No Thank You usually works fine. This would have been a great opportunity to explain to your son that Haiti is a very poor county and the people who live on the island don't get to go on a vacation like he does. (I would of told my kid to put his attitude in check or he'll be left on the Island. Then he'd have something to complain about:rolleyes: . If you went to the Market you must of had money to tip the guy that carried your chair?:mad:

Archived