Do all TAs give OBC?????

Hi LeeAnne!

how is my fave wine snuggler?

only a week to go till my next cruise, WOOHOO!!!!

to stay on topic, my halloween cruises are always with a large group, several hundred, so it is a package thing, same TA every year.

I have gotten to know her and she knows my likes and dislikes and also my compulsive personality, LOL, and still hasn't slapped me silly, so I will stick with her for other trips, as I can be high maintenence, at times... (am now looking innocent)

no obc, but she puts up with my crap and treats me well!

besides she knows her stuff and i think she is pretty!

I'm a travel agent also. It's so true. I'm an outside agent so I split everything with the owner 50 50 so I hardly make anything, but I love doing it. If the cruise lines offers on line credit to the travel agents then we can pass it on to our clients,that's great . People think you make so much money.

I'm new to cruising, and unfamiliar with TA's all-together. Our upcoming cruise is our second cruise, and we've planned both of them ourselves. A few people have made mention of transferring their booking at the last minute to a TA, in order to get some sort of OBC (I don't know what the acronym stands for, but I assume it's like a rebate?). Anyway... I am always looking for ways to reduce prices, so could someone who is familiar with this practice explain it to a newbie? Thanks!

I'm new to cruising, and unfamiliar with TA's all-together. Our upcoming cruise is our second cruise, and we've planned both of them ourselves. A few people have made mention of transferring their booking at the last minute to a TA, in order to get some sort of OBC (I don't know what the acronym stands for, but I assume it's like a rebate?). Anyway... I am always looking for ways to reduce prices, so could someone who is familiar with this practice explain it to a newbie? Thanks!

OBC stands for On Board Credit, which would show up as $$ on your on-board account. OBC would be an amount set by the Travel Agent that he/she is willing to give the client for booking the cruise through their agency. Some travel agents give quite a large amount of their commission to the client in the form of OBC.

Hope that helps.

Transferring to a TA must be done before final payment, and given your ticker, you are past that, I'm afraid.

OBC = On Board Credit. It is a sum of money that is placed on your Seapass card. You can get on OBC by purchasing a Next Cruise with the Loyalty Ambassador, being a shareholder, or getting an OBC from a TA. Unless you have done one of those things, I'm afraid you are out of luck for your upcoming cruise. But, if you plan on sailing RC again, go and visit the Loyalty Ambassador (LA) on your cruise, and book a Next Cruise or another cruise, so you can get an OBC.

You are correct, we have made final payment :( I guess these things are learned through experience - but it would have been nice to get an extra benefit! Next time for sure... Thanks you both for the helpful responses.

Archived