Planning own excursions in Belize

Flahouses

My family and I - husband, me, 2 teenagers - daughter 15 and son 13 are taking the Carnival Legend on 11/23/08 on the Western Caribbean including Belize and want to plan our own excursions for snorkeling and scuba diving as they are too expensive on the ship. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated! You can also e-mail me at Flahouses@gmail.com

Thank you!

We've booked with Coral Breeze for our cruise in Feb. Many positive comments about them.

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/current_category.15/Product.2/tours_add.html?t_product=2

Be sure to have a backup plan, they canceled on us a week prior to our cruise to gas prices/not enough people booked. We had to scramble to find another private excursion :)

Google " Major Tom cave tubing" We went with him in 2007. It was such a wonderful exp. we booked again when we planned to return with our 4 children last August. Because we had seen the cave, my husband and I were considering an alternative excursion. I had stayed in touch with Major Tom , whom I considered a good friend, from our fist tour. I asked him to recommend some alternatives. Although I no longer have the info if you email Major Tom tell him Vickie advised you to seek his advise.

By the way, it was a fellow CC member who connected me with Major Tom-the best way to get good, safe, sound advise.

We were recently on a Carnival cruise and wanted to go cavetubing. I read a ton of great reviews for Major Tom so decided to book with him (at half the price of the Carnival excursion). I prepaid so we wouldn't have to worry about anything while we were there, although you can pay 10% if you like.

The night before we stopped in Belize, we found out Carnival had cancelled the cavetubing excursion because of river flooding. We checked with the excursion staff to see if they knew about other company's trips down the river. They told us that all trips should be cancelled. We were upset because that was the excursion we were most excited about!

When we got back home, I emailed Major Tom to see if he would refund our money. I found out they still had the trip and everything went successfully. But he understood why we didn't show up and gave us a full refund!!!!

Although we didn't get to experience the tubing, we had a very positive experience with Major Tom and would definitely book with him next time we visit Belize.

Archived