Just got upgraded!! But to non-converting twins? :(

SPRINGTX

My TA e-mailed me to tell me that we were upgraded from cat AE to AC! :D :D

My only concern is that when I looked on the personalizer it said the beds were non-converting twins - we are going for our anniversary and would like to have the beds together. I thought that all of the rooms had beds that could be put together. We still have almost 4 mths until our cruise maybe we will get upgraded again!

It always reads non-converting twin in the personalizer.

I've found that if the two people in the room seem like husband & wife (ie. male/female names with same last name) the beds will be together. If the beds aren't together just ask the steward when you arrive and it will take them 2 minutes to put them together.

Are you going on Grand princess out of Galveston? If so I would love to hear what you thought when you get back, and either way let us know about the bed situation:) It's neat to know someone else on these boards lives near us.

Hi - this is sort of funny. In Feb., we're doing two 10 day cruises back-to-back in the same room. The first leg is listed as Queen and the second leg is listed as two non-converting.

At first I was concerned, but then I guessed that if it was a queen on the first leg, it wouldn't change in between cruises :-)

I just got an e-mail back from my TA and here is what she said -

No problem....when you book a gty. cabin the Princess system defaults to twin beds then I get the queen afterwards or at final pmt. You are in a queen bed now.

That along with your responses makes me fill so much better. Thanks again

There is an easy way to check to see if beds are really non-converting twins or just an error on the Personalizer. Go to the Princess website and look up ships, then look up the ship that you will be on. Then go to the deck and room you are booked in. There is a key with icons that appears on the left hand side of the page. If you see a * in your stateroom, the beds do not convert. (On the Island Princess the only deck with this type of room is the Plaza deck.) There are few cabins with this designation so more than likely the problem is the default with the Personalizer. Have a great cruise! -Podge

If I understood correctly, this is a safety code issue in certain cabins. It's not that they "can't" go together...its that they "shouldn't go together. However, the cabin steward will happily put them together for you. Maybe they don't read safety codes.

Archived