Eastern Carribean with a 2 year old and 7 month old

clairesmom

I've only been to St. Thomas with my then 13 month old DS. We went to St. John's Trunk Bay. I had always wanted to go there and finally had the chance! We booked through the ship to make transportation easier. I usually do things on my own. This didn't allow a lot of time at the beach, but this was perfect for us. DS really enjoyed the ferry ride to St. John's and he fell asleep on the ride back. The beach itself is even more beautiful than the pictures!

We are also cruising to the Eastern Carib in Jan and haven't made any plans just yet. DS will be 23 months. My Dad does want to go to Megan's Bay in St. Thomas so that's what we'll do this time. I find that a leisurely beach day is best with little ones.

I am curious to see suggestions for St. Maarten.

Here are a few pics from St. Thomas. The ferry ride was windy!

NCLSt-60.jpg

NCLSt-45.jpg

We are going on an Eastern

Caribbean Cruise in Jan. Our ports are San Juan (just for the evening), St Maartin, and St Thomas. Any recommendations for families with young children? Thanks!

We will be doing these ports in Nov 08 with a 7 year old and a 13 month old. We have done these ports before so in San Juan we'll just walk around for a while... our ship does not get in until 2:30pm and we like to get back before dark. But on the other islands we plan on going to the beach. This will be our 3rd time to St. Thomas so we are going to go over to St. John for the day... can't wait:)

We did Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas and Le Galion Beach in St Maarten with our 8 month old and both were fantastic beaches for kids. Very gentle surf and shallow entry. One thing I will mention because I'm slightly crazy about boat safety (we live in FL) is if you are thinking about going to St. John make sure you take your own life vest for your little one on the ferry, don't take a chance they won't have one for him. No offense to the poster with pictures on the ferry but just a reminder.

We did Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas and Le Galion Beach in St Maarten with our 8 month old and both were fantastic beaches for kids. Very gentle surf and shallow entry. One thing I will mention because I'm slightly crazy about boat safety (we live in FL) is if you are thinking about going to St. John make sure you take your own life vest for your little one on the ferry, don't take a chance they won't have one for him. No offense to the poster with pictures on the ferry but just a reminder.

I agree about the life vest, we brought his from home and had it with us. The ferry is very large and we mostly stayed inside. We used his lifevest on all tenders though.

Definitely bring life vests. I found a great inflatable vest at a beach shop. It packs flat and has chambers that you inflate. Worked great for me.

You feel very precarious holding an infant in the Ocean- even if the water is crystal clear and there is no surf. The vest makes you feel a tad better.

Meagan's Bay is nice and calm and my kids really liked it. The water isn't really crystal clear there like on other beaches. I did do a beach near the cruise ship on St. Thomas once and the surf was really strong and my son hated it. It was a waste of time.

Archived