Queen Vic Half World Cruise 2009

leodis

Hello to you all I am new to this site. I am an avid cruiser and really looking forward to the cruise of a lifetime to celebrate my 60th birthday.:) My biggest problem is the flight back on Cathay Pacific from Sydney to Heathrow as the luggage allowance is only 20kgs. Any ideas? How can I find out who else will be on this cruise?

Marie and Ray Leeds

Hi

We had the same problem on QM2 in 2007 getting our luggage from Southampton to Western Australia.

For a 30kg suit case the Airline would have charged $1350 Australian, British post was $950 and using Cunard ( DHL ) was going to be $1400.

We found a company on the internet that did it for $386.

Sorry I can't find their details.

Some passengers said they are going to bin or given away their clothes and buy new ones as it was cheaper.

I have attached a link that I found using Google, I don't know if they are any good

http://www.excessluggage.co.uk/sservices.aspx

tam58

To answer your wuestion as to who is on the 2009 World Cruise, there is a Roll Call on this site.

Most of the writers are for the full cruise, but there are a couple like myself who are only doing a segment.

I am on the NY-LA 17 day segment. You will find me under my posting name of jimsgirl, though my real life name is Lynn (Evlyn to be exact)

Please scroll down the site to Members Roll call and join us there. I envy all those who are doing longer cruises than myself, but compared to those who have lost their employment , homes etc. I am still very fortunate.

BTW I am an ex Brit, a widow , Jim was in the RAF for 35 yrs, I served for 2 yrs as a WAAF, and then was a military wife for 30 years, after that we emigrated in "77 to USA. Jim died in 1998, so I travel alone now.

Archived