What Should We Wear

prettybrowneyes

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to this site, but not to cruising. I LOVE CRUISING!!! It is the ultimate vacation. I have a couple of questions.

My husband and I will be sailing on the Fascination Nov. 13-18. We have cruised before, but never this late in the year. What type of clothing should we take?

Also, my co-worker is cruising to Jamaica on the Imagination Nov. 22-27 and had the same question.

Any suggestions would be helpful. :)

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to this site, but not to cruising. I LOVE CRUISING!!! It is the ultimate vacation. I have a couple of questions.

My husband and I will be sailing on the Fascination Nov. 13-18. We have cruised before, but never this late in the year. What type of clothing should we take?

Also, my co-worker is cruising to Jamaica on the Imagination Nov. 22-27 and had the same question.

Temperatures vary by only a few degrees over the course of the year, so aside from a sweater (which some take anyway to deal with the air conditioning) you should dress as you normally would.

Temperatures in the Caribbean only vary about 5-8 degrees year round. No matter what season you go, it will be very warm. The only difference that is measurable is the humidity which is much lower in November and the winter season than it is in spring and summer....it's delightful.

Take whatever you would wear in the summertime where you live and you'll be fine.

Sometimes, in the evenings, on deck, the trade winds can make it feel cool. For insurance, I always throw a lightweight sweatshirt in my suitcase just in case....but have rarely used it.

I've cruzed for years, on many lines, from the 60's to the present. I've seen a lot of changes in all realms of it. Dressing is probly the biggest obvious change. I no longer wear the reallly gown-y stuff, as I am no longer under 35:eek: . I am tall,and alot of the one-zies never fit to my liking. so my answer is separates. 2 or 3 piece. always smart and to my age and size. I don't give a fig what anyone else wears, as it dosent matter to me. I wear what I like and feel comfortable, and my best in. Classy jackets of a more formal look, with shiney accents, silks, lace or brocades. The ones that need a cami, are paired with a silk, satin or velvet one, usually without ornamentation.

I get a little chilly in the big rooms, as well as the DR, so a sleeve/cover up works for me. I have quite an extensive collection of jewelry from my around the world trips the last 42 years,(I even have my Senior prom bag and jewelry, form the 60's) and incorporate that with my total look. I wear plain, single colored pants ,skirts, or full plain dresses. Chicos offer great items in solid colores. I usually choose black, cream, white, brown, gold or silvery fabrics,or gray (to match my hair:D ). The tops are usually the spenser Alexis ones from Dillards, but hubby and I share the tux. I do change my look for the seasons..yaaay, cooler weather is here for next week, so bring on the velvets! If u are past guest on CCL..that is a great chance for dressing up a little more, plus the Welcome Aboard night.

Wear what u feel is appropriate for you and your hubby. Mine loves to wear the tux, or a blue blazer. For non-elegant nights, a great Print shirt, with light colored linen trousers.Since I dont fly to ports these days. extra baggage isnt a problem for me. Hope the helps with your Q's..Bon Voyage..lucky

Archived