Newtocc, Have You Returned?

emptynest1

Thanks EN, thanks everyone, we had a great cruise, we had strong winds, and very high seas, everyone was sick, there were barf bags everywhere, it was so funny, the ship was deserted!

When I sober up, I'll post a review, I really missed you guys, it was a very interesting cruise, one of the best I ever pretended to be on!

I'd give my left arm to be on the same cruise as Newt!!

That would be so cool, then I could have 4 arms!

It was a very rough ride, the first 2 days were 20 ft plus seas and 30 to 40 knot winds, the ship pounded and pitched up and down violently, it was so cool, lots of people bought me drinks, it was so cool!

We got to Bermuda late, we did some stuff in Bermuda, Bermuda was nice, some people got off and flew home, we left Bermuda.

The next 2 days were very rough, 15 to 20 ft waves, at times 45 knot winds, the ship pitched violently, there were many people that got sick, the cool people came out and partied, they bought me drinks, it was so cool!

We got to Canada, we went to a bar, we bought drinks, and the people gave us money, I loved Canada!

We went to Newport, looked at the rich people houses, went back to the ship and started to annoy people again, I have lots of friends at this point, we stay up late, our friends and a bunch of the crew, we have fun, even the crew is buying me drinks now!

The next day we come back to New York, they make us get off, I hate them, I hate them all!

I loved the Zenith, and the Zenith loved me!

The End!

Newt was right, the seas were very, very rough, many people were sick for days. The ones that weren't sick had the ship to them selves. It was a very bad cruise for the guys that bring around drinks at the pool, those poor people made very little on tips. But it was for a bunch of us, a great cruise, one of the best!

Mango and Doree, thanks it was great!

Brigitte, you should know by now, I always have a great time!

Cloud, it was nice pretending to sail with you again!

Dmarch, I didn't see the fight, but we did hang out with the woman later in the week, she was very tall and good looking and she sported her own floatation devices, we hit it off well, I spoke English, and she spoke fluzzy, things went well until one of her floatation devices popped out, after that the wifester made me go to bed!

For the sake of my review I had Guest Services contact the bridge and verify wave height. When we were on Song of America (similar size ship) years ago we were in 18-21 ft El Nino waves. A couple days later a letter came from the bridge saying that the seas going to Bermuda were 30-32 Ft at their worst. The Halifax waves were in the 25 ft. range. I actually thought the second storm felt more violent than the first. Maybe it was the direction the swells were hitting the ship?????

Jill, I loved the Song of America and had nothing but smooth sailings on her. Took the last tender from Labadee and a few minutes out the sky turned black and opened up and the winds were fierce. I've never seen weather come up so quickly. The tender couldn't line up with the ship and after about an hour of useless attempts the Captain turned the ship around so we could approach from the other side. The only highlight of that adventure was looking at the ship and seeing faces in all the windows watching this activity.

The Zenith out of Jax last year was the roughest weather I've ever been in except a TA and I was too young and dumb to think that was anything but fun. :D

Archived