Booked ncl cruise thru website, then price dropped

nursallie

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know what happened to me. Maybe it can help you.

We bought our cruise throug a website (not NCL) and then the priced dropped $150/pp. We were really upset. So we called NCL and they told us to call the booking company. So we called the booking company and they called NCL to see if they could "work something out". After holding on the line for about 25 minutes, the booking comp rep told me that he got us upgraded from inside to outside cabins and also got us $100 onboard credit.

We were very happy with this, because we thought they would just tell us there's nothing they could do. So this deal is better than nothing!

Good luck to everyone else in the same predicament

I booked through NCL directly and the price has gone down twice. The first time I called I had not make my final payment and they lowered the price to match the new price. This week it went down again and they told me since I had made my final payment there was nothing they could do but give me an upgrade but the upgrade they offered was only worth $40 and the decrease in price was $180 so I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has gotten obc instead. They said that obc would not be available until 1 week before the cuise.

Ok now my room has dropped $280 and the ugrade they were going to give me is $240 less than mine. So where does that leave me I can't even upgrade. At this rate I will be able to cancel loose the $400 and rebook and still save money.

Wow, Adkmom-- that is a huge difference! Ours has only dropped about 70 dollars each.... they said there is nothing they can do-- but we did book a guarantee cabin-- so they said more than likely we will be upgraded.... so far we have not been assigned a cabin yet....

Maybe Nita could answer your question-- she is quite knowledgeable-- as she is a travel agent.... hopefully she will see your post....

Hope you get something out of this all. We were happy with our price to begin with-- but just wanted to see if we could something- as on other cruiselines they do give you obc... though sometimes NOT after final payment....Keep us posted on your situation. All the best!

Hi

The cruise is 11-14-08 and we've already made final payment. We booked it a few weeks ago and they said we had to pay the entire payment all at once.

They upgraded our cabins from inside to outside which I verified ( i went to look at my edocs and they did change the cabin number to an outside cabin on the same deck).

The obc is not going to be seen until we board the ship and look at out account onboard.

Now my room has dropped $380 total for the 4 of us. I am almost to the point where I can loose the $400 Deposit cancel and rebook and still save money. I think I will call again and voice my concern about the price drop, ask if there is something wrong with the ship maybe they will do something for me.

Same problem here. Our room has dropped by $260 ($130 each). Since final payment has been made, they won't give any kind of refund or on board credit. They did upgrade us from a regular oceanview to a superior oceanview which is a $100 value, but it still irks me that we're lining the cruise line's pockets with an additional $160 and getting nothing for it.

We have sailed Celebrity, Carnival, and Holland America in the past and have never seen such a large price drop with fairly lousy (in comparision compensation). Makes me not want to sail Norwegian again and I haven't even stepped foot on the ship yet. :mad:

:mad:

Same problem here. Our room has dropped by $260 ($130 each). Since final payment has been made, they won't give any kind of refund or on board credit. They did upgrade us from a regular oceanview to a superior oceanview which is a $100 value, but it still irks me that we're lining the cruise line's pockets with an additional $160 and getting nothing for it.

We have sailed Celebrity, Carnival, and Holland America in the past and have never seen such a large price drop with fairly lousy (in comparision compensation). Makes me not want to sail Norwegian again and I haven't even stepped foot on the ship yet. :mad:

Well we'll join the group! Our upcoming cruise has seen major price drops since final payment! We are on the Nov 4th sailing(San Francisco-Santiago) and had to book early to secure air fare with our miles. The price drop has been around a 1000 bucks for cat AB. (they list a cabin next to ours as being available),but we checked airfares and if someone books this cruise now, air fares are above 2000.00 and the miles required has increased by 40,000 miles,IF you can find a flight. So while were not exactly happy,the costs of the cruise, at least for us, remain the same. We think that this cruise is going to very peaceful!

Archived