What song reminds you of cruising?

CruiseHealing

Red, Red Wine.....I was dancing around the office to it yesterday. The Doctors thought I was crazy until they realized I leave today!:D

Also anything Jimmy Buffet because we shared the Legend in 2006 with his loyal followers.....soo....that was 8 days of Margaritaville, etc.:D

Caroline by Outkast- There was this guy Joey who sang it almost every night at karaoke. The way he sang it I thought it was a country song.

Unwell (?)- Im not crazy I'm just a little unwell. Our bar waiter sang it and he would sing "we are Family"

.....Mambo Number Five and I'm Too Sexy, that brings us right into cruise mode. I was in the Men's Hairy Chest Competition shaking my booty to I'm Too Sexy. Then, when they were showing it the rest of the week on TV, they showed clips of it with Mambo Number 5 playing in the background. Talk about embarrassing!

:o

wasiii

For me, it's not a song.....it's the sound of a steel-drum.

Not too long ago, ships sailing the Caribbean would have a steel band that played on the Lido around the pool everyday. Wonderful music that reminded you how far away from home you were - and what a wonderful experience cruising is. People would dance, drink in hand, trying reggae, samba, salsa and other dances that are tied to that wonderful sound.

Today, steelbands are rare and canned music is the norm. Then there's always the annoying "big screens" going day and night with the attending noise and distractions.

Might as well be cruising the Jersey Shore.

oN ONE OF OUR CRUISES-I do not remember which one - EVERY night they had a sing-along with Achy Breaky Heart .I think it was near the Atrium so we heard it every night as we walked thru .

My kids and I had this song in our heads every day and sang it all the time and right up to the Customs Agent on debarcation .I think he got a kick out of it because he really laughed when we told him we could not get this song out of our heads ..Of course we are Canadian and had nothing to declare for US customs as we were in transit so I guess it was OK to sing.....

Now we always associate this song with cruising.....

For me' date=' it's not a song.....it's the sound of a steel-drum.

Not too long ago, ships sailing the Caribbean would have a steel band that played on the Lido around the pool everyday. Wonderful music that reminded you how far away from home you were - and what a wonderful experience cruising is. People would dance, drink in hand, trying reggae, samba, salsa and other dances that are tied to that wonderful sound.

Today, steelbands are rare and canned music is the norm. Then there's always the annoying "big screens" going day and night with the attending noise and distractions.

Might as well be cruising the Jersey Shore.[/quote']

There were steel-drums and a live band on our Fantasy cruise in August. Yes the Jersey Shore does have some great steelbands playing on the beach in the summer!

Archived