What song reminds you of cruising?

CruiseHealing

"The Ark" by Gerry Rafferty

(obscure album cut, sorry!:D )

Not much is too obscure for You Tube (not sure this is the same song you're talking about):

I also found one for the 1959 Sea Cruise by Frankie Ford:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtzVrVGNLyM

And here are some pictures (slide show) from someones cruise on the Fantasy set to the same song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-brlQZjvU

The above slide show shows almost everything that is great about a cruise, it even co-stars Funship Freddie.

Also.... Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks. We are not country fans at all, so we had never heard this song until one of our cruises. Since then, we have heard it ONLY on cruises and every one!

I wonder if it is the version with the special "third verse" that gets everyone going each time where at the end he sings "And you can kiss my a$$"...

LOL.. it's a hoot!

Hotel California... On our 1st cruise, many, many moons ago, as we were sailing away from Cozumel(at sunset), Hotel California came on the jukebox. It was the perfect setting with the perfect song. Ever since then, when I hear the song, I can close my eyes.....:)

The Cha Cha Slide is one of them. Every cruise we get up there and do this dance, because it is the easiest to follow!

I found this clip on You Tube.. sound familiar?

Catrin

Catrin, never seen this, love to try this one out, its lots of fun... Will check with the guys on Elation on the 6th of Nov.

Fred

I have a CD that I bought a couple years ago at Target. It's simply called Caribbean Steel Drums, Sea Scapes. It's instrumental soft steel drum music. I go to sleep to it every night. Got this at one of those displays where you punch the button and listen to clips from the CD.

As for other music I have to agree with about everyone else on here. HOT HOT HOT is most definitely a cruise song and anything Jimmy Buffet.

Catrin, never seen this, love to try this one out, its lots of fun... Will check with the guys on Elation on the 6th of Nov.

Fred

Fred, I will be reading your wonderful review... I am sure of it!

Be sure to write if you go a chance to do the Cha Cha Slide!

Catrin

:) Oh I do so love "Fun, Fun, Fun" by the Beach Boys. Was the song being played in the Carnival Commercials in 2003 when I did my first cruise. Also the two Enya songs on sailing. They set the mood for relaxing. :)

I live, therefore I cruise.

Any Jimmy Buffett, of course, but especially Margaritaville, Changes in Lattitudes Changes in Attitudes, and of course.......Cheeseburger in Paradise!

Then there's Beer in Mexico, No shoes no shirt no problems, Some Beach, Kokomo, Electric Slide, Hot Hot Hot, I don't have to be me til Monday, Free and Easy down the Road I go, Somewhere Beyond the Sea, It's 5'clock Somewhere, Two Pina Coladas, Footloose! I know there are more, on it, but I can't remember all of them right now. I have them loaded onto my work computer, and on days when I can, I listen to that while working........keeps me sane while waiting on the next cruise!

Archived