Ports or Days At Sea

pylant

I prefer more sea days then port days. I like just sitting around the pool and taking advantage of all the things the ship has to offer. To me it's more relaxing. I like port days but sometimes they just seem like so much work getting off, shopping, spending money, waiting in line to get back on, waiting for a tender, etc. My next cruise we only have two sea days and four port days. I think I may skip getting off at Grand Cayman.

Which do you prefer more of days at seas or different ports? 2 girls looking to get away without spending alot of money.

I like port days better now and here's why. On port days the ship is empty and if I have been to a port or its a questoinable port like Jamaica I can enjoy the pool and lido deck without a mass of people.

My choice is a cruise long enough to enjoy both! Port intensive cruises are just not very relaxing, but you get to see mucho cool stuff. Sea days are the ultimate for relaxing IMHO. We sailed the Grandeur in July with 2 sea days on each side of 4 port days & it was the best...next cruise will be the Miracle with 4 sea days & 3 ports. I'll go anytime, just about anywhere, as long as it's at least 7 days.:D

Port days for me! We just booked a 7 day cruise with 4 ports!! While I love sea days, I find I'm spending way too much on drinks and I like to see countries and cultures on a trip rather than a day of relaxing by the pool on a crowded deck. Just my own opinion. Everyone is different!

Ditto to seeing new cultures. If I went to an island for a week I wouldnt sit by the pool the entire week; I would get out and explore. That's what's great about crusing; you get to explore many different places all in one week.

We have done repositioning cruises with 6 consecutive sea days and loved every minute of them. I've never found one, but my perfect 7 or 8 day cruise would be, sea day, port day, sea day, port day, sea day, port day. sea day, sea day/ home port.

Dan

We always go to the Bahamas, I like the port days.

Because the pool is almost empty while we are in Nassau.

Just a couple of weeks ago at 2 in the afternoon it was just me, my son, and another kid in the pool. No wait for the slide unless all 3 of us decided to go at the same time.

Whrn I first started cruising I wanted ports and lots of them. My 1st 7 day cruise had 5 ports. But now I'm liking the sea days. I'm doing a 14 day b2b in Jan and has 6 ports total.

Same here. When I started it was all about the ports. Then I realized that the sea days were when I was really able to relax and enjoy being away from the hubbub at home. I like an even mix of the two.

I prefer seadays! I work as a nurse so sitting in the hot tub or flying down the slide is what I like. We are on the Legend on Sunday and have 2 seadays but we don't like Grand Caymen to pricy so we opt to use it as a seaday. We did this on the Inspiration and there was hardly anyone by the pool!

Lexi

Sea days for sure! We are doing Eastern next month and embark on Sat and don't get into port until Monday evening. Then 3 days in port and sail back to home port starting Wednesday evening. I will like that a lot!

Can't wait for our 10th Anniversary as we are going to do the 14 or 16 day Transatlantic which will give us 6 sea days up front!

37 days until we sail on the Liberty!!!

I prefer sea days--our next cruise is 8 days with 3 ports--Last year we did 9 days with 5 ports and I didn't get off at all the ports--just too much for me. I know some people like port intensive cruises.

We have chosen excursions for Costa Rica and Panama and will just do the beach in Cozumel--the rest of the time I like to relax by the pool on my balcony and just read, people watch, listen to music, etc. It is my week to just chill.

Archived