Is there a Dunn's River Falls Shuttle??

siren67

I'm trying to find information about a shuttle service that takes passengers from the ship to the Falls and back. I'm not looking for something attached to any other tours and I'm a little hesitant to take a taxi on my own. I just want a safe, organized shuttle service from the Falls and back. Is there any such thing? I can't find anything like that and thought someone might know. We were in Jamaica a few months ago and had a great time at Bamboo Beach Club, but this time just want to go to the Falls and back, and then maybe to Margaritaville.

• 4 weeks later...

There is actually a shuttle that works exclusively between the pier and Dunn's River. We found out by accident - apparently it's brand new. We've been to Jamaica several times but never climbed the falls so we decided to just take a taxi on our own. The taxi driver wanted to charge us $20 each - and that was just one way! We said no thanks and then saw the shuttle. It was $15 round trip. The bus was clean, comfortable and very convenient. On the way back they made a stop next to Island Village for people who wanted to get off and shop. We got off, bought some souvenirs, then went back to the shuttle stop and were picked up a few minutes later to be brought back to the ship. The shuttles run every 30 minutes and it was a lot less hassle than bargaining with taxis. Oh, they also had tickets for the Falls available on the bus that were $1.50 cheaper than they were at the Falls.

Yes, there are Juta taxi-shuttles that are actually mini-buses and leave when full. They will tell you waht time (usually 2 hours later) and it was $15 per person. They do show up on time for the pick up and drop you at island Village or the ship. It's easy to walk from Island Village to the craft market in town.

If you like exotic birds, you can get a taxi to Enchanted Gardens which is just a bit past Evita's. We had the tour kiosk in the Island Village organize our taxi for $20 return trip with 45 minutes waiting time while we looked around. Clarence, the caretaker will show you around and he took some great photos of us with the birds. I think it was $10 per person and we tipped him an extra $5. The birds are firiendly and will eat from your hand. There is one young olive cheeked conure he named Tiki after me!

Archived