first timer, ncl spirit 12/17/04

petunia670

Hi, I'm new to these boards and new to cruising... My Dad is celebrating his 60th so my Mom and I are surprising him with a Southern Caribbean cruise. I have a few questions I thought maybe some of you seasoned cruisers could answer if you have a few moments.

• I'm 34, and staying in the same cabin as them, will I be ready to jump overboard?:p
  • What can I expect as far as meeting others, activities that are fun & entertaining but not geared at older or far younger passengers?
  • Do you think the ship plans anything special for Christmas Day, itself? We will be at sea that day, and we are kind of concerned it will be like Christmas will come and go without much mention.
  • Are there any other tips, restaurants, shore excursions, etc. that anybody can think of that will make our trip memorable?

Thanks for all your help. And if anybody is going to be on that trip, I'd love to meet you. Thanks:)

• 1 month later...

Things will be a little tight in a cabin with three adults. Do you have a mini suite or a balcony? One thing you can do to alleviate a little of the stress is to go up to the gym and shower and wash you hair up there. You will have to be a little organized to do this.

The ship will have activites for all ages. Make sure you tell your cabin steward you want three daily programs and bring along highlighters so you can pick what you want to do.

The ship will be beautiful for Christmas. We always take a Christmas/New Years cruise. Every public room is beautifully and festively decorated. Usually there is celergy from many faiths. There will be carols and usually Santa arrives for the kids.

Make sure you tell the food manager that is your father's birthday you are celebrating and they will bring you a cake to the table with singing waiters.

Anything else, let me know, I just got off my 61st cruise.

Mary

petunia, in all honesty you should be fine with staying with them. I went on my first cruise two years ago with my family and friends. there was 35 of us. Myself my boyfriend, and my parents shared a room. It was a tight squeeze and uncomfortable at time, but we made it through. We only were in the room together when we were sleeping anyway, its not like we all hung out in there.Enjoy going to the dinning room every night. its is so much fun to get all dressed up and go to dinner. We always injoy that the best

Archived